Oct 15, 2011, 10:53 PM EDT
We’ve got a blowout going on in Texas.
After a nine-run third inning, the Rangers have tacked on three more scores and hold a commanding 12-4 lead in Game 6 of the ALCS against the Tigers. It’s the top of the seventh inning in Arlington.
Rangers slugger Josh Hamilton plated the Rangers’ 10th run with a sacrifice fly in the fifth inning, then RBI singles from Craig Gentry and Ian Kinsler lifted the lead to eight in the bottom of the sixth.
The Rangers have turned to their bullpen after a shaky but successful start from left-hander Derek Holland. Alexi Ogando threw a scoreless sixth inning and will head back to the mound to open the seventh.
Texas is looking to advance to the World Series for the second time in two years. Rangers Ballpark is rocking.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)