Oct 15, 2011, 10:53 PM EST
We’ve got a blowout going on in Texas.
After a nine-run third inning, the Rangers have tacked on three more scores and hold a commanding 12-4 lead in Game 6 of the ALCS against the Tigers. It’s the top of the seventh inning in Arlington.
Rangers slugger Josh Hamilton plated the Rangers’ 10th run with a sacrifice fly in the fifth inning, then RBI singles from Craig Gentry and Ian Kinsler lifted the lead to eight in the bottom of the sixth.
The Rangers have turned to their bullpen after a shaky but successful start from left-hander Derek Holland. Alexi Ogando threw a scoreless sixth inning and will head back to the mound to open the seventh.
Texas is looking to advance to the World Series for the second time in two years. Rangers Ballpark is rocking.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 13
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 29
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)