Oct 15, 2011, 10:53 PM EST
We’ve got a blowout going on in Texas.
After a nine-run third inning, the Rangers have tacked on three more scores and hold a commanding 12-4 lead in Game 6 of the ALCS against the Tigers. It’s the top of the seventh inning in Arlington.
Rangers slugger Josh Hamilton plated the Rangers’ 10th run with a sacrifice fly in the fifth inning, then RBI singles from Craig Gentry and Ian Kinsler lifted the lead to eight in the bottom of the sixth.
The Rangers have turned to their bullpen after a shaky but successful start from left-hander Derek Holland. Alexi Ogando threw a scoreless sixth inning and will head back to the mound to open the seventh.
Texas is looking to advance to the World Series for the second time in two years. Rangers Ballpark is rocking.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)