Oct 15, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
If the Cardinals are able to win either Game 6 or Game 7 in Milwaukee and advance to the World Series, they’ll have a nice treat waiting for them on the other end. And not just champagne, or Bud Light, or a larger share of playoff revenue.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, utilityman Skip Schumaker took part in a full workout Saturday at Miller Park and told the media “I’ll be ready” when asked afterward about his availability for the postseason’s final round.
Schumaker went 6-for-10 with two doubles and three RBI in the Cardinals’ impressive NLDS defeat of the Phillies. While not an elite defender, he’s capable of playing all outfield spots and second base. Nick Punto and Ryan Theriot have been handling starting duties at the keystone in Schumaker’s absence.
The Cards hold a 3-2 lead over the Brewers in the seven-game National League Championship Series.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 14
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 33
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)