Oct 15, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
If the Cardinals are able to win either Game 6 or Game 7 in Milwaukee and advance to the World Series, they’ll have a nice treat waiting for them on the other end. And not just champagne, or Bud Light, or a larger share of playoff revenue.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, utilityman Skip Schumaker took part in a full workout Saturday at Miller Park and told the media “I’ll be ready” when asked afterward about his availability for the postseason’s final round.
Schumaker went 6-for-10 with two doubles and three RBI in the Cardinals’ impressive NLDS defeat of the Phillies. While not an elite defender, he’s capable of playing all outfield spots and second base. Nick Punto and Ryan Theriot have been handling starting duties at the keystone in Schumaker’s absence.
The Cards hold a 3-2 lead over the Brewers in the seven-game National League Championship Series.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)