Oct 16, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Brewers right-hander Shaun Marcum is well aware of what’s at stake in Sunday night’s NLCS Game 6 against the Cardinals. He never made it to the postseason during his five years with the Blue Jays and has struggled mightily in his first two October outings for Milwaukee. The guy needs to rebound.
“It’s exciting,” Marcum told ESPN’s Amy K. Nelson after a light team workout on Saturday afternoon. “It’s definitely the biggest game of my career.”
Marcum allowed seven earned runs in just 4 2/3 innings during a start against the Diamondbacks in the NLDS and surrendered five earned runs in just four innings in Game 2 of the NLCS against St. Louis. For the postseason, he’s sporting a 12.46 ERA.
But Marcum told Nelson that he’s “used to getting beat up” from his days in the American League East and believes he has an altered game plan that will help him find success Sunday night at Miller Park. It’s about locating first with his fastball, then changing speeds on the Cardinals’ hot-hitting lineup.
“I feel great, actually,” Marcum said Saturday. “Arm feels good, body feels good. It’s just matter of going out there and locating and keeping the ball down, throwing strikes to stay ahead of the hitters.”
First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:00 p.m. ET on TBS. Craig will be hosting a live chat here on HBT.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 1
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 176
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (176)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)