Oct 17, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
Gambling odds don’t necessarily show which team is better than another team, since the goal is to align half the bettors one side and half the bettors on the other side rather than predict the actual outcome.
With that said, Bodog has the Rangers as -165 favorites over the Cardinals in the World Series. Or, put another way: To win $100 on the Rangers you’d have to bet $165 and a $100 bet on the Cardinals would pay $145.
Texas as the favorites probably won’t surprise anyone, although it’s interesting given that Chris Carpenter and the Cardinals are actually slight favorites for Game 1 at -125, compared to C.J. Wilson and the Rangers at +105.
And speaking of betting lines, back in December the Rangers and Cardinals both had identical odds to win the World Series: 20-to-1.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 10
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 22
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car