Oct 17, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
Gambling odds don’t necessarily show which team is better than another team, since the goal is to align half the bettors one side and half the bettors on the other side rather than predict the actual outcome.
With that said, Bodog has the Rangers as -165 favorites over the Cardinals in the World Series. Or, put another way: To win $100 on the Rangers you’d have to bet $165 and a $100 bet on the Cardinals would pay $145.
Texas as the favorites probably won’t surprise anyone, although it’s interesting given that Chris Carpenter and the Cardinals are actually slight favorites for Game 1 at -125, compared to C.J. Wilson and the Rangers at +105.
And speaking of betting lines, back in December the Rangers and Cardinals both had identical odds to win the World Series: 20-to-1.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)