Oct 17, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
Michelle Obama and Jill Biden are scheduled to attend the World Series opener in St. Louis on Wednesday night to honor military veterans. It’s part of MLB’s Welcome Back Veterans program and Michelle Obama’s Joining Forces initiative, which seeks to support veterans and their families.
There’s not much else to this little news item, which came as a press release from Major League Baseball. I just want the record to reflect that the moment I read it, I pictured Michele Obama throwing out the first pitch like Queen Elizabeth from “The Naked Gun.”
How about that queen, ladies and gentlemen?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)