Oct 17, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
Michelle Obama and Jill Biden are scheduled to attend the World Series opener in St. Louis on Wednesday night to honor military veterans. It’s part of MLB’s Welcome Back Veterans program and Michelle Obama’s Joining Forces initiative, which seeks to support veterans and their families.
There’s not much else to this little news item, which came as a press release from Major League Baseball. I just want the record to reflect that the moment I read it, I pictured Michele Obama throwing out the first pitch like Queen Elizabeth from “The Naked Gun.”
How about that queen, ladies and gentlemen?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (76)