Oct 17, 2011, 7:10 PM EST
Showing apparently little confidence in his ragtag group of ballplayers, Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan said Monday that his team would lose twice to the Cardinals before eventually winning the World Series in six games.
Ryan made the predicion on the ESPN Dallas “Galloway & Company” radio show.
Even though six of the last seven World Series have ended in four or five games, Ryan doesn’t think his team has what it takes to pull off such a feat and win the championship in front of the home fans in Arlington. Games 6 and 7 of the World Series are scheduled to be played at Busch Stadium.
The starters for Game 6 have yet to be announced, but it should be a rematch of Game 2, also in St. Louis. The Cardinals are expected to go with Jaime Garcia then. The Rangers figure to use either Derek Holland or Colby Lewis, with the other scheduled for Games 3 & 7.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)