Oct 17, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
Showing apparently little confidence in his ragtag group of ballplayers, Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan said Monday that his team would lose twice to the Cardinals before eventually winning the World Series in six games.
Ryan made the predicion on the ESPN Dallas “Galloway & Company” radio show.
Even though six of the last seven World Series have ended in four or five games, Ryan doesn’t think his team has what it takes to pull off such a feat and win the championship in front of the home fans in Arlington. Games 6 and 7 of the World Series are scheduled to be played at Busch Stadium.
The starters for Game 6 have yet to be announced, but it should be a rematch of Game 2, also in St. Louis. The Cardinals are expected to go with Jaime Garcia then. The Rangers figure to use either Derek Holland or Colby Lewis, with the other scheduled for Games 3 & 7.
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery 0
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 11
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 119
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)