Oct 17, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
Showing apparently little confidence in his ragtag group of ballplayers, Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan said Monday that his team would lose twice to the Cardinals before eventually winning the World Series in six games.
Ryan made the predicion on the ESPN Dallas “Galloway & Company” radio show.
Even though six of the last seven World Series have ended in four or five games, Ryan doesn’t think his team has what it takes to pull off such a feat and win the championship in front of the home fans in Arlington. Games 6 and 7 of the World Series are scheduled to be played at Busch Stadium.
The starters for Game 6 have yet to be announced, but it should be a rematch of Game 2, also in St. Louis. The Cardinals are expected to go with Jaime Garcia then. The Rangers figure to use either Derek Holland or Colby Lewis, with the other scheduled for Games 3 & 7.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 11
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 34
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 61
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)