Oct 17, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles will interview Jerry Dipoto and Tony LaCava this week for their vacant general manager post.
Dipoto, who impressed many around baseball when he took over as Diamondbacks’ interim general manager after Josh Byrnes was fired last July, served as vice president of scouting and player development this season under new general manager Kevin Towers.
LaCava joined the Blue Jays in late-2002 and current serves as assistant general manager, overseeing the club’s farm system and operations in Latin America.
Dipoto is scheduled to interview tomorrow while LaCava will meet with the club on Wednesday. According to Connolly, the Orioles are still awaiting permission to speak with Marlins assistant general manager Dan Jennings.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)