Oct 17, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles will interview Jerry Dipoto and Tony LaCava this week for their vacant general manager post.
Dipoto, who impressed many around baseball when he took over as Diamondbacks’ interim general manager after Josh Byrnes was fired last July, served as vice president of scouting and player development this season under new general manager Kevin Towers.
LaCava joined the Blue Jays in late-2002 and current serves as assistant general manager, overseeing the club’s farm system and operations in Latin America.
Dipoto is scheduled to interview tomorrow while LaCava will meet with the club on Wednesday. According to Connolly, the Orioles are still awaiting permission to speak with Marlins assistant general manager Dan Jennings.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 0
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 167
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (166)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)