Oct 17, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles will interview Jerry Dipoto and Tony LaCava this week for their vacant general manager post.
Dipoto, who impressed many around baseball when he took over as Diamondbacks’ interim general manager after Josh Byrnes was fired last July, served as vice president of scouting and player development this season under new general manager Kevin Towers.
LaCava joined the Blue Jays in late-2002 and current serves as assistant general manager, overseeing the club’s farm system and operations in Latin America.
Dipoto is scheduled to interview tomorrow while LaCava will meet with the club on Wednesday. According to Connolly, the Orioles are still awaiting permission to speak with Marlins assistant general manager Dan Jennings.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)