Oct 17, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles will interview Jerry Dipoto and Tony LaCava this week for their vacant general manager post.
Dipoto, who impressed many around baseball when he took over as Diamondbacks’ interim general manager after Josh Byrnes was fired last July, served as vice president of scouting and player development this season under new general manager Kevin Towers.
LaCava joined the Blue Jays in late-2002 and current serves as assistant general manager, overseeing the club’s farm system and operations in Latin America.
Dipoto is scheduled to interview tomorrow while LaCava will meet with the club on Wednesday. According to Connolly, the Orioles are still awaiting permission to speak with Marlins assistant general manager Dan Jennings.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 0
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 45
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)