Oct 17, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
He’ll be matched up against Chris Carpenter, as both teams are able to arrange their rotations as they wanted thanks to neither LCS going the full seven games. Carpenter and the Cardinals are slight favorites in Game 1, but the Rangers are solid favorites for the entire series.
No word yet on who’ll follow Wilson in the Rangers’ rotation, but manager Ron Washington went with Derek Holland in Game 2, Colby Lewis in Game 3, and Matt Harrison in Game 4 during both the ALDS and ALCS. Holland failed to make it out of the fifth inning in each of his last three starts, so it’s possible he could be bumped back.
Wilson is 1-4 with a 5.40 ERA in seven career playoff starts, while Carpenter is 7-2 with a 3.11 ERA in 12 career postseason outings.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)