Oct 17, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
He’ll be matched up against Chris Carpenter, as both teams are able to arrange their rotations as they wanted thanks to neither LCS going the full seven games. Carpenter and the Cardinals are slight favorites in Game 1, but the Rangers are solid favorites for the entire series.
No word yet on who’ll follow Wilson in the Rangers’ rotation, but manager Ron Washington went with Derek Holland in Game 2, Colby Lewis in Game 3, and Matt Harrison in Game 4 during both the ALDS and ALCS. Holland failed to make it out of the fifth inning in each of his last three starts, so it’s possible he could be bumped back.
Wilson is 1-4 with a 5.40 ERA in seven career playoff starts, while Carpenter is 7-2 with a 3.11 ERA in 12 career postseason outings.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)