Oct 17, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
If you’re anywhere close to as obsessed with Twitter as I am you’ll want to add a bunch of Cardinals and Rangers reporters, writers, and bloggers to your follow list for the next couple weeks.
At the risk of leaving out some deserving folks, here’s a list of recommended Cardinals follows for the World Series (for the Rangers version, click here):
– @drewsilv: HBT’s own Drew Silva, who also happens to be a Cardinals fan. You should be following him already, but just in case you’re not.
– @miklasz: Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post Dispatch, one of the best local columnists and radio show hosts in the country.
– @dgoold: Derrick Goold, one half of the St. Louis Post Dispatch‘s excellent beat reporting duo.
– @joestrauss: Joe Strauss, the other half of the St. Louis Post Dispatch‘s excellent beat reporting duo.
– @matthewhleach: MLB.com’s Cardinals beat reporter Matthew Leach, who was one of the very first people I followed on Twitter.
– @bjrains: B.J. Rains, who formerly worked alongside Leach at MLB.com and now covers the Cardinals for FOXSportsMidwest.com.
– @mattsebek: Matt Sebek blogs for Joe Sports Fan and is my pick for funniest Cardinals follow on Twitter.
– @pitchershit8th: As the name suggests, Pitchers Hit Eighth is a blog devoted to manager Tony La Russa and the Cardinals, with quality writing from Nick, Josh, Andrew, and Dennis.
– @fungoes: Matt Philip runs Fungoes, which is the official Cardinals blog of ESPN.com.
– @daynperry: Dayn Perry, who in addition to being a big Cardinals fan has long been one of my favorite sabermetric writers at FOXSports.com, ESPN.com, Baseball Prospectus, and other places.
– @athooks: Aaron Hooks, who in addition to having a fantastic first name also blogs at Cardinals Diaspora.
– @c70: Daniel Shoptaw from C70 At The Bat.
– @erik_manning: Gas House Graphs blogger and Fan Graphs writer Erik Manning.
– @williamfleitch: Will Leitch is best known for his work at Deadspin and New York magazine, but he’s also a diehard Cardinals fan and must-follow.
Note: Again, my apologies for leaving good people off the list. Feel free to complain to me via Twitter.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 62
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)