Oct 17, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
If you’re anywhere close to as obsessed with Twitter as I am you’ll want to add a bunch of Cardinals and Rangers reporters, writers, and bloggers to your follow list for the next couple weeks.
At the risk of leaving out some deserving folks, here’s a list of recommended Cardinals follows for the World Series (for the Rangers version, click here):
- @drewsilv: HBT’s own Drew Silva, who also happens to be a Cardinals fan. You should be following him already, but just in case you’re not.
- @miklasz: Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post Dispatch, one of the best local columnists and radio show hosts in the country.
- @dgoold: Derrick Goold, one half of the St. Louis Post Dispatch‘s excellent beat reporting duo.
- @joestrauss: Joe Strauss, the other half of the St. Louis Post Dispatch‘s excellent beat reporting duo.
- @matthewhleach: MLB.com’s Cardinals beat reporter Matthew Leach, who was one of the very first people I followed on Twitter.
- @bjrains: B.J. Rains, who formerly worked alongside Leach at MLB.com and now covers the Cardinals for FOXSportsMidwest.com.
- @mattsebek: Matt Sebek blogs for Joe Sports Fan and is my pick for funniest Cardinals follow on Twitter.
- @pitchershit8th: As the name suggests, Pitchers Hit Eighth is a blog devoted to manager Tony La Russa and the Cardinals, with quality writing from Nick, Josh, Andrew, and Dennis.
- @fungoes: Matt Philip runs Fungoes, which is the official Cardinals blog of ESPN.com.
- @daynperry: Dayn Perry, who in addition to being a big Cardinals fan has long been one of my favorite sabermetric writers at FOXSports.com, ESPN.com, Baseball Prospectus, and other places.
- @athooks: Aaron Hooks, who in addition to having a fantastic first name also blogs at Cardinals Diaspora.
- @c70: Daniel Shoptaw from C70 At The Bat.
- @erik_manning: Gas House Graphs blogger and Fan Graphs writer Erik Manning.
- @williamfleitch: Will Leitch is best known for his work at Deadspin and New York magazine, but he’s also a diehard Cardinals fan and must-follow.
Note: Again, my apologies for leaving good people off the list. Feel free to complain to me via Twitter.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)