Oct 18, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Remember the dustup about where the Brewers’ players’ families would sit in Busch Stadium during the NLCS? About how it was all a misunderstanding and that everyone would be in suites and stuff? Yeah, someone forgot to get Emily Greinke the right ticket because she ended up sitting down in the left field corner and wasn’t at all happy about it. Her tweet, via Larry Brown Sports:
“Thanks Cards for the lovely seats in the outfield! I hope our behind home plate seats for you mysteriously disappear!”
The picture over at LBS next to the comely Mrs. Grienke accompanied the tweet and was apparently taken from her seat.
Observation #1: If the Cardinals were really putting the wives of players down in general seating after the Brewers complained about it and after they never did that with other teams’ families, it’s totally weak sauce. Families of players in opposing stadiums have legitimate security concerns and shouldn’t be sprinkled all over the park.
Observation #2: Even if it’s weak sauce, a player’s wife taking to Twitter to complain about such a thing isn’t exactly the height of professionalism either. Better to go through team and league channels to ensure that teams aren’t messing around with players’ families like this in the future.
All of that said, perhaps Mrs. Greinke was ultimately done a favor. After all, she didn’t have to watch the Brewers pitchers up close, and that has to have been easier on her.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)