Oct 18, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Remember the dustup about where the Brewers’ players’ families would sit in Busch Stadium during the NLCS? About how it was all a misunderstanding and that everyone would be in suites and stuff? Yeah, someone forgot to get Emily Greinke the right ticket because she ended up sitting down in the left field corner and wasn’t at all happy about it. Her tweet, via Larry Brown Sports:
“Thanks Cards for the lovely seats in the outfield! I hope our behind home plate seats for you mysteriously disappear!”
The picture over at LBS next to the comely Mrs. Grienke accompanied the tweet and was apparently taken from her seat.
Observation #1: If the Cardinals were really putting the wives of players down in general seating after the Brewers complained about it and after they never did that with other teams’ families, it’s totally weak sauce. Families of players in opposing stadiums have legitimate security concerns and shouldn’t be sprinkled all over the park.
Observation #2: Even if it’s weak sauce, a player’s wife taking to Twitter to complain about such a thing isn’t exactly the height of professionalism either. Better to go through team and league channels to ensure that teams aren’t messing around with players’ families like this in the future.
All of that said, perhaps Mrs. Greinke was ultimately done a favor. After all, she didn’t have to watch the Brewers pitchers up close, and that has to have been easier on her.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 8
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 15
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)