Oct 18, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Remember the dustup about where the Brewers’ players’ families would sit in Busch Stadium during the NLCS? About how it was all a misunderstanding and that everyone would be in suites and stuff? Yeah, someone forgot to get Emily Greinke the right ticket because she ended up sitting down in the left field corner and wasn’t at all happy about it. Her tweet, via Larry Brown Sports:
“Thanks Cards for the lovely seats in the outfield! I hope our behind home plate seats for you mysteriously disappear!”
The picture over at LBS next to the comely Mrs. Grienke accompanied the tweet and was apparently taken from her seat.
Observation #1: If the Cardinals were really putting the wives of players down in general seating after the Brewers complained about it and after they never did that with other teams’ families, it’s totally weak sauce. Families of players in opposing stadiums have legitimate security concerns and shouldn’t be sprinkled all over the park.
Observation #2: Even if it’s weak sauce, a player’s wife taking to Twitter to complain about such a thing isn’t exactly the height of professionalism either. Better to go through team and league channels to ensure that teams aren’t messing around with players’ families like this in the future.
All of that said, perhaps Mrs. Greinke was ultimately done a favor. After all, she didn’t have to watch the Brewers pitchers up close, and that has to have been easier on her.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 121
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (121)