Oct 18, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Remember the dustup about where the Brewers’ players’ families would sit in Busch Stadium during the NLCS? About how it was all a misunderstanding and that everyone would be in suites and stuff? Yeah, someone forgot to get Emily Greinke the right ticket because she ended up sitting down in the left field corner and wasn’t at all happy about it. Her tweet, via Larry Brown Sports:
“Thanks Cards for the lovely seats in the outfield! I hope our behind home plate seats for you mysteriously disappear!”
The picture over at LBS next to the comely Mrs. Grienke accompanied the tweet and was apparently taken from her seat.
Observation #1: If the Cardinals were really putting the wives of players down in general seating after the Brewers complained about it and after they never did that with other teams’ families, it’s totally weak sauce. Families of players in opposing stadiums have legitimate security concerns and shouldn’t be sprinkled all over the park.
Observation #2: Even if it’s weak sauce, a player’s wife taking to Twitter to complain about such a thing isn’t exactly the height of professionalism either. Better to go through team and league channels to ensure that teams aren’t messing around with players’ families like this in the future.
All of that said, perhaps Mrs. Greinke was ultimately done a favor. After all, she didn’t have to watch the Brewers pitchers up close, and that has to have been easier on her.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 11
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)