Oct 18, 2011, 4:13 PM EST
UPDATE: Well, now this makes more sense.
This makes absolutely no sense in the world but Jon Heyman tweeted this a little while ago:
Padres gm jed hoyer is being considered for hire by the cubs/epstein.
Why on Earth anyone would go from a general manager’s chair to an assistant general manager’s chair without first, you know, being fired, is beyond me. Indeed, I don’t think we’ve seen a willingly-taken step down like that since Lee Adama went from Commander of the Pegasus to return to being the CAG of Galactica. And even then he had the excuse of the Pegasus being destroyed.
So I guess we can wait anxiously for some crazy story from Jed Hoyer about why he’d commit career suicide like this or else we can wait anxiously for Heyman to reveal that he got pranked by a source big-time. Because anything apart from those two explanations would make little sense. Unless of course the Cubs are going to pay their assistant GM several million dollars a year or something.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)