Oct 18, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
UPDATE: Well, now this makes more sense.
This makes absolutely no sense in the world but Jon Heyman tweeted this a little while ago:
Padres gm jed hoyer is being considered for hire by the cubs/epstein.
Why on Earth anyone would go from a general manager’s chair to an assistant general manager’s chair without first, you know, being fired, is beyond me. Indeed, I don’t think we’ve seen a willingly-taken step down like that since Lee Adama went from Commander of the Pegasus to return to being the CAG of Galactica. And even then he had the excuse of the Pegasus being destroyed.
So I guess we can wait anxiously for some crazy story from Jed Hoyer about why he’d commit career suicide like this or else we can wait anxiously for Heyman to reveal that he got pranked by a source big-time. Because anything apart from those two explanations would make little sense. Unless of course the Cubs are going to pay their assistant GM several million dollars a year or something.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)