Oct 18, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
UPDATE: Well, now this makes more sense.
This makes absolutely no sense in the world but Jon Heyman tweeted this a little while ago:
Padres gm jed hoyer is being considered for hire by the cubs/epstein.
Why on Earth anyone would go from a general manager’s chair to an assistant general manager’s chair without first, you know, being fired, is beyond me. Indeed, I don’t think we’ve seen a willingly-taken step down like that since Lee Adama went from Commander of the Pegasus to return to being the CAG of Galactica. And even then he had the excuse of the Pegasus being destroyed.
So I guess we can wait anxiously for some crazy story from Jed Hoyer about why he’d commit career suicide like this or else we can wait anxiously for Heyman to reveal that he got pranked by a source big-time. Because anything apart from those two explanations would make little sense. Unless of course the Cubs are going to pay their assistant GM several million dollars a year or something.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)