Oct 18, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
UPDATE: Well, now this makes more sense.
This makes absolutely no sense in the world but Jon Heyman tweeted this a little while ago:
Padres gm jed hoyer is being considered for hire by the cubs/epstein.
Why on Earth anyone would go from a general manager’s chair to an assistant general manager’s chair without first, you know, being fired, is beyond me. Indeed, I don’t think we’ve seen a willingly-taken step down like that since Lee Adama went from Commander of the Pegasus to return to being the CAG of Galactica. And even then he had the excuse of the Pegasus being destroyed.
So I guess we can wait anxiously for some crazy story from Jed Hoyer about why he’d commit career suicide like this or else we can wait anxiously for Heyman to reveal that he got pranked by a source big-time. Because anything apart from those two explanations would make little sense. Unless of course the Cubs are going to pay their assistant GM several million dollars a year or something.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 3
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)