Oct 18, 2011, 4:13 PM EST
UPDATE: Well, now this makes more sense.
This makes absolutely no sense in the world but Jon Heyman tweeted this a little while ago:
Padres gm jed hoyer is being considered for hire by the cubs/epstein.
Why on Earth anyone would go from a general manager’s chair to an assistant general manager’s chair without first, you know, being fired, is beyond me. Indeed, I don’t think we’ve seen a willingly-taken step down like that since Lee Adama went from Commander of the Pegasus to return to being the CAG of Galactica. And even then he had the excuse of the Pegasus being destroyed.
So I guess we can wait anxiously for some crazy story from Jed Hoyer about why he’d commit career suicide like this or else we can wait anxiously for Heyman to reveal that he got pranked by a source big-time. Because anything apart from those two explanations would make little sense. Unless of course the Cubs are going to pay their assistant GM several million dollars a year or something.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 0
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 153
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (153)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)