Oct 18, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
MLB announced the umpiring assignments for the World Series and the crew will be led by 23-year veteran Jerry Layne, who’ll be behind the plate for Game 1 tomorrow night.
Layne will be joined by Greg Gibson, Alfonso Marquez, Ron Kulpa, Ted Barrett, and Gary Cederstrom, each of whom have significant postseason experience.
There isn’t a whole lot of umpire-related analysis to do here, but it’s definitely nice to see none of the familiar, headline-grabbing names like Joe West or Bob Davidson showing up on the World Series crew.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1