Oct 18, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
Derek Holland‘s struggles in the ALCS have convinced the Rangers to juggle their rotation, with manager Ron Washington announcing that Colby Lewis will start Game 2 of the World Series against the Cardinals.
Texas stuck with the same rotation in the ALDS and ALCS, with C.J. Wilson followed by Holland, Lewis, and Matt Harrison. Washington hasn’t announced yet who’ll start Game 3 and Game 4, so Holland may end up simply being bumped back a game or two.
Holland lasted just 2.2 innings in Game 2 of the ALCS versus Detroit and was yanked from Game 6 after 4.2 innings, allowing seven runs in seven innings overall. Lewis wasn’t a whole lot better in his lone ALCS start, allowing four runs over 5.2 innings in Game 3, but tossed six innings of one-run ball versus the Rays in the ALDS.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 40
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 15
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 5
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 70
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (77)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault