Oct 18, 2011, 3:44 PM EST
Derek Holland‘s struggles in the ALCS have convinced the Rangers to juggle their rotation, with manager Ron Washington announcing that Colby Lewis will start Game 2 of the World Series against the Cardinals.
Texas stuck with the same rotation in the ALDS and ALCS, with C.J. Wilson followed by Holland, Lewis, and Matt Harrison. Washington hasn’t announced yet who’ll start Game 3 and Game 4, so Holland may end up simply being bumped back a game or two.
Holland lasted just 2.2 innings in Game 2 of the ALCS versus Detroit and was yanked from Game 6 after 4.2 innings, allowing seven runs in seven innings overall. Lewis wasn’t a whole lot better in his lone ALCS start, allowing four runs over 5.2 innings in Game 3, but tossed six innings of one-run ball versus the Rays in the ALDS.
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants concussions to remain part of the game 0
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 13
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 24
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 28
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 64
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)