Oct 18, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
Derek Holland‘s struggles in the ALCS have convinced the Rangers to juggle their rotation, with manager Ron Washington announcing that Colby Lewis will start Game 2 of the World Series against the Cardinals.
Texas stuck with the same rotation in the ALDS and ALCS, with C.J. Wilson followed by Holland, Lewis, and Matt Harrison. Washington hasn’t announced yet who’ll start Game 3 and Game 4, so Holland may end up simply being bumped back a game or two.
Holland lasted just 2.2 innings in Game 2 of the ALCS versus Detroit and was yanked from Game 6 after 4.2 innings, allowing seven runs in seven innings overall. Lewis wasn’t a whole lot better in his lone ALCS start, allowing four runs over 5.2 innings in Game 3, but tossed six innings of one-run ball versus the Rays in the ALDS.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 35
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 87
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)