Oct 18, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
Derek Holland‘s struggles in the ALCS have convinced the Rangers to juggle their rotation, with manager Ron Washington announcing that Colby Lewis will start Game 2 of the World Series against the Cardinals.
Texas stuck with the same rotation in the ALDS and ALCS, with C.J. Wilson followed by Holland, Lewis, and Matt Harrison. Washington hasn’t announced yet who’ll start Game 3 and Game 4, so Holland may end up simply being bumped back a game or two.
Holland lasted just 2.2 innings in Game 2 of the ALCS versus Detroit and was yanked from Game 6 after 4.2 innings, allowing seven runs in seven innings overall. Lewis wasn’t a whole lot better in his lone ALCS start, allowing four runs over 5.2 innings in Game 3, but tossed six innings of one-run ball versus the Rays in the ALDS.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 20
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)