Oct 19, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Matt Holliday has been limited by a hand injury throughout the postseason, but the Cardinals left fielder told Matthew Leach of MLB.com that the time off between the NLCS and World Series has allowed him to get much healthier.
“I feel pretty good about where I’m at,” Holliday told Leach. “I think [the off days] have been beneficial to everybody. One playoff game is similar to playing four regular season games just as far as how taxing mentally and physically they can be.”
Holliday was out of the starting lineup for the Cardinals’ first three playoff games, but has started all eight games since then while going 11-for-30 (.367) with one homer, two doubles, and five RBIs.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup