Oct 19, 2011, 11:51 AM EST
Matt Holliday has been limited by a hand injury throughout the postseason, but the Cardinals left fielder told Matthew Leach of MLB.com that the time off between the NLCS and World Series has allowed him to get much healthier.
“I feel pretty good about where I’m at,” Holliday told Leach. “I think [the off days] have been beneficial to everybody. One playoff game is similar to playing four regular season games just as far as how taxing mentally and physically they can be.”
Holliday was out of the starting lineup for the Cardinals’ first three playoff games, but has started all eight games since then while going 11-for-30 (.367) with one homer, two doubles, and five RBIs.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)