Oct 19, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Matt Holliday has been limited by a hand injury throughout the postseason, but the Cardinals left fielder told Matthew Leach of MLB.com that the time off between the NLCS and World Series has allowed him to get much healthier.
“I feel pretty good about where I’m at,” Holliday told Leach. “I think [the off days] have been beneficial to everybody. One playoff game is similar to playing four regular season games just as far as how taxing mentally and physically they can be.”
Holliday was out of the starting lineup for the Cardinals’ first three playoff games, but has started all eight games since then while going 11-for-30 (.367) with one homer, two doubles, and five RBIs.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 50
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)