Oct 19, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Schumaker was left off the NLCS roster after injuring his oblique muscle in Game 5 of the NLDS versus Philadelphia, but was the Cardinals’ primary second baseman during the regular season and went 6-for-10 against the Phillies.
Westbrook started 33 games with a 4.66 ERA for the Cardinals during the regular season, but didn’t pitch in the NLDS, was left off the NLCS roster, and will be used as a long reliever in the World Series while Kyle Lohse and Edwin Jackson remain in the rotation.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)