Oct 19, 2011, 2:50 PM EST
Schumaker was left off the NLCS roster after injuring his oblique muscle in Game 5 of the NLDS versus Philadelphia, but was the Cardinals’ primary second baseman during the regular season and went 6-for-10 against the Phillies.
Westbrook started 33 games with a 4.66 ERA for the Cardinals during the regular season, but didn’t pitch in the NLDS, was left off the NLCS roster, and will be used as a long reliever in the World Series while Kyle Lohse and Edwin Jackson remain in the rotation.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 37
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 83
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 36
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)