Oct 19, 2011, 2:50 PM EST
Schumaker was left off the NLCS roster after injuring his oblique muscle in Game 5 of the NLDS versus Philadelphia, but was the Cardinals’ primary second baseman during the regular season and went 6-for-10 against the Phillies.
Westbrook started 33 games with a 4.66 ERA for the Cardinals during the regular season, but didn’t pitch in the NLDS, was left off the NLCS roster, and will be used as a long reliever in the World Series while Kyle Lohse and Edwin Jackson remain in the rotation.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 17
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 73
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)