Oct 19, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Schumaker was left off the NLCS roster after injuring his oblique muscle in Game 5 of the NLDS versus Philadelphia, but was the Cardinals’ primary second baseman during the regular season and went 6-for-10 against the Phillies.
Westbrook started 33 games with a 4.66 ERA for the Cardinals during the regular season, but didn’t pitch in the NLDS, was left off the NLCS roster, and will be used as a long reliever in the World Series while Kyle Lohse and Edwin Jackson remain in the rotation.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)