Oct 19, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
The protests have been one thing, but moving on to the rebroadcast and redistribution of the pictures, accounts and descriptions of these games without the express written consent of Major League Baseball shows that the Occupy Wall Street is about nothing but anarchy!
Occupy St. Louis invited baseball fans on Tuesday to watch the World Series for free on a big screen at its campsite, and said it would stream its message against economic inequality between innings. The group, part of the nationwide Occupy Wall Street movement, said it would show the opening game of the series, which starts on Wednesday at Busch Stadium, at its Kiener Plaza campsite.
“Come watch the game with the 99 percent,” the group’s Facebook posting said. “Show the world that there isn’t a need for corporate sponsors to enjoy baseball.” “We will be projecting the game on our big screen, but without corporate sponsors. Commercials will be replaced with other Occupy groups’ livestream,” it said.
All I’ll say is thank God that it’s Fox and not TBS with the World Series. Because otherwise these people would never know when “The Big Bang Theory” was going to be on!
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)