Oct 19, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
There’s a whole lot of other stuff in this interview that our friend Bill from The Platoon Advantage did with Dodgers legend Ralph Branca. Stuff about Jackie Robinson, Branch Rickey and the Shot Heard ‘Round the World. All of it interesting and historic and cool.
But I gotta tell ya, the thing that sticks out to me the most was when Bill asked Branca about pitching for the St. Paul Saints in 1945 for a grand total of four months and that Branca knew his ERA — 3.04 — right off the top of his head.
I couldn’t tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday and Branca knows his ERA from 66 years ago. Mercy.
Great interview. Good job, Bill. Check it out.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)