Oct 19, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
There’s a whole lot of other stuff in this interview that our friend Bill from The Platoon Advantage did with Dodgers legend Ralph Branca. Stuff about Jackie Robinson, Branch Rickey and the Shot Heard ‘Round the World. All of it interesting and historic and cool.
But I gotta tell ya, the thing that sticks out to me the most was when Bill asked Branca about pitching for the St. Paul Saints in 1945 for a grand total of four months and that Branca knew his ERA — 3.04 — right off the top of his head.
I couldn’t tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday and Branca knows his ERA from 66 years ago. Mercy.
Great interview. Good job, Bill. Check it out.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)