Oct 19, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
There’s a whole lot of other stuff in this interview that our friend Bill from The Platoon Advantage did with Dodgers legend Ralph Branca. Stuff about Jackie Robinson, Branch Rickey and the Shot Heard ‘Round the World. All of it interesting and historic and cool.
But I gotta tell ya, the thing that sticks out to me the most was when Bill asked Branca about pitching for the St. Paul Saints in 1945 for a grand total of four months and that Branca knew his ERA — 3.04 — right off the top of his head.
I couldn’t tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday and Branca knows his ERA from 66 years ago. Mercy.
Great interview. Good job, Bill. Check it out.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 118
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 260
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (118)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)