Oct 19, 2011, 8:40 AM EDT
Looks like it’s gonna be rather ugly in St. Louis for Game 1 of the World Series.
The forecast: temperatures in the upper 40s with a chance of rain and wind. The wind chill will drop things into the 30s.
Things look dry for Game 2 tomorrow. A tiny bit warmer, but still windy. Friday, which is currently set as an off day, looks to be lovely in the event they need to postpone tonight and schedule a makeup day.
In Texas, the extended forecast covering Games 3, 4 and 5 calls for a tiny chance of some rain on Saturday, but otherwise blue skies and daytime temperatures in the 80s.
Upshot: if we get past tonight unscathed, we should be laughin’, mates.
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 37
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 34
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (113)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)