Oct 19, 2011, 8:40 AM EDT
Looks like it’s gonna be rather ugly in St. Louis for Game 1 of the World Series.
The forecast: temperatures in the upper 40s with a chance of rain and wind. The wind chill will drop things into the 30s.
Things look dry for Game 2 tomorrow. A tiny bit warmer, but still windy. Friday, which is currently set as an off day, looks to be lovely in the event they need to postpone tonight and schedule a makeup day.
In Texas, the extended forecast covering Games 3, 4 and 5 calls for a tiny chance of some rain on Saturday, but otherwise blue skies and daytime temperatures in the 80s.
Upshot: if we get past tonight unscathed, we should be laughin’, mates.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)