Oct 19, 2011, 8:40 AM EDT
Looks like it’s gonna be rather ugly in St. Louis for Game 1 of the World Series.
The forecast: temperatures in the upper 40s with a chance of rain and wind. The wind chill will drop things into the 30s.
Things look dry for Game 2 tomorrow. A tiny bit warmer, but still windy. Friday, which is currently set as an off day, looks to be lovely in the event they need to postpone tonight and schedule a makeup day.
In Texas, the extended forecast covering Games 3, 4 and 5 calls for a tiny chance of some rain on Saturday, but otherwise blue skies and daytime temperatures in the 80s.
Upshot: if we get past tonight unscathed, we should be laughin’, mates.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)