Oct 19, 2011, 8:40 AM EDT
Looks like it’s gonna be rather ugly in St. Louis for Game 1 of the World Series.
The forecast: temperatures in the upper 40s with a chance of rain and wind. The wind chill will drop things into the 30s.
Things look dry for Game 2 tomorrow. A tiny bit warmer, but still windy. Friday, which is currently set as an off day, looks to be lovely in the event they need to postpone tonight and schedule a makeup day.
In Texas, the extended forecast covering Games 3, 4 and 5 calls for a tiny chance of some rain on Saturday, but otherwise blue skies and daytime temperatures in the 80s.
Upshot: if we get past tonight unscathed, we should be laughin’, mates.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 21
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 40
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 55
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 65
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)