Oct 20, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
I presume it’s rare. I couldn’t think of anyone else who has done it, and I’m not exactly sure how to research it without sifting through 100 box scores I don’t feel like sifting through right now. But C.J. Wilson‘s loss last night means that in 2011 he lost (a) the All-Star Game; (b) a Division Series game; (c) a League Championship Series game; and (d) a World Series game.
Maybe there are several who did it. I don’t know. But usually you don’t get to play in all three rounds of the playoffs if your ace — and he has to be your ace, does he not, if he pitched in the All-Star Game — loses lots in the playoffs.
Significance: zero. Just kind of neat.
- The Lester trade is a win-win 56
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 123
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 39
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (118)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (118)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)