Oct 20, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
I presume it’s rare. I couldn’t think of anyone else who has done it, and I’m not exactly sure how to research it without sifting through 100 box scores I don’t feel like sifting through right now. But C.J. Wilson‘s loss last night means that in 2011 he lost (a) the All-Star Game; (b) a Division Series game; (c) a League Championship Series game; and (d) a World Series game.
Maybe there are several who did it. I don’t know. But usually you don’t get to play in all three rounds of the playoffs if your ace — and he has to be your ace, does he not, if he pitched in the All-Star Game — loses lots in the playoffs.
Significance: zero. Just kind of neat.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 28
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)