Oct 20, 2011, 8:20 AM EST
I presume it’s rare. I couldn’t think of anyone else who has done it, and I’m not exactly sure how to research it without sifting through 100 box scores I don’t feel like sifting through right now. But C.J. Wilson‘s loss last night means that in 2011 he lost (a) the All-Star Game; (b) a Division Series game; (c) a League Championship Series game; and (d) a World Series game.
Maybe there are several who did it. I don’t know. But usually you don’t get to play in all three rounds of the playoffs if your ace — and he has to be your ace, does he not, if he pitched in the All-Star Game — loses lots in the playoffs.
Significance: zero. Just kind of neat.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (123)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)