Oct 20, 2011, 8:20 AM EST
I presume it’s rare. I couldn’t think of anyone else who has done it, and I’m not exactly sure how to research it without sifting through 100 box scores I don’t feel like sifting through right now. But C.J. Wilson‘s loss last night means that in 2011 he lost (a) the All-Star Game; (b) a Division Series game; (c) a League Championship Series game; and (d) a World Series game.
Maybe there are several who did it. I don’t know. But usually you don’t get to play in all three rounds of the playoffs if your ace — and he has to be your ace, does he not, if he pitched in the All-Star Game — loses lots in the playoffs.
Significance: zero. Just kind of neat.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)