Oct 20, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT
This morning Jason Collette of DRaysBay reported that Rays general manager Andrew Friedman dined Tuesday night with Angels owner Arte Moreno and president John Carpino, and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com confirms the story.
Rosenthal adds that Friedman is the Angels’ top choice to replace Tony Reagins as general manager, although Friedman’s level of interest in the job is unclear.
Several other GM candidates have been linked to the Angels, including Kim Ng, Rick Hahn, Jerry Dipoto, and Damon Oppenheimer, but wooing Friedman away from the Rays–presumably with the promise of total control and three times as much payroll to work with–would be quite a coup for the Angels.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 28
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 208
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (207)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)