Oct 20, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT
This morning Jason Collette of DRaysBay reported that Rays general manager Andrew Friedman dined Tuesday night with Angels owner Arte Moreno and president John Carpino, and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com confirms the story.
Rosenthal adds that Friedman is the Angels’ top choice to replace Tony Reagins as general manager, although Friedman’s level of interest in the job is unclear.
Several other GM candidates have been linked to the Angels, including Kim Ng, Rick Hahn, Jerry Dipoto, and Damon Oppenheimer, but wooing Friedman away from the Rays–presumably with the promise of total control and three times as much payroll to work with–would be quite a coup for the Angels.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)