Oct 20, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
I’m angry at DRays Bay. Oh, they’re a fine blog and in this case they have a neat little news/gossip item that could be pretty significant, so that’s all good. No, I’m mad that they took the “my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this girl who’s going out with the guy who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious” joke that I was gonna totally use here.
Oh well, it’s a long winter so I’ll have more chances.
Anyway, this seems stronger than “Theo Epstein spotted at Starbucks”:
On Tuesday night, one of our readers was at a restaurant in downtown St. Petersburg when he saw Andrew Friedman dining with Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim team owner Arte Moreno and another individual he later identified as [Angels] team president John Carpino … We do not know the nature of the conversation between Moreno and Friedman, only that they were seen dining together in St. Petersburg and talked for over an hour and a half. However, the timing does line up well with the Angels’ current search for a General Manager.
I was gonna say “well, maybe those two just happened to be in St. Pete and wanted to have dinner.” But I’ve been to St. Pete a bunch of times and I’d have a hard time envisioning a reason why anyone would want to go there just for giggles. Maybe Arte Moreno’s mileage would vary on that, however.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)