Oct 20, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
I’m angry at DRays Bay. Oh, they’re a fine blog and in this case they have a neat little news/gossip item that could be pretty significant, so that’s all good. No, I’m mad that they took the “my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this girl who’s going out with the guy who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious” joke that I was gonna totally use here.
Oh well, it’s a long winter so I’ll have more chances.
Anyway, this seems stronger than “Theo Epstein spotted at Starbucks”:
On Tuesday night, one of our readers was at a restaurant in downtown St. Petersburg when he saw Andrew Friedman dining with Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim team owner Arte Moreno and another individual he later identified as [Angels] team president John Carpino … We do not know the nature of the conversation between Moreno and Friedman, only that they were seen dining together in St. Petersburg and talked for over an hour and a half. However, the timing does line up well with the Angels’ current search for a General Manager.
I was gonna say “well, maybe those two just happened to be in St. Pete and wanted to have dinner.” But I’ve been to St. Pete a bunch of times and I’d have a hard time envisioning a reason why anyone would want to go there just for giggles. Maybe Arte Moreno’s mileage would vary on that, however.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 42
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 29
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)