Oct 20, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
I’m angry at DRays Bay. Oh, they’re a fine blog and in this case they have a neat little news/gossip item that could be pretty significant, so that’s all good. No, I’m mad that they took the “my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this girl who’s going out with the guy who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious” joke that I was gonna totally use here.
Oh well, it’s a long winter so I’ll have more chances.
Anyway, this seems stronger than “Theo Epstein spotted at Starbucks”:
On Tuesday night, one of our readers was at a restaurant in downtown St. Petersburg when he saw Andrew Friedman dining with Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim team owner Arte Moreno and another individual he later identified as [Angels] team president John Carpino … We do not know the nature of the conversation between Moreno and Friedman, only that they were seen dining together in St. Petersburg and talked for over an hour and a half. However, the timing does line up well with the Angels’ current search for a General Manager.
I was gonna say “well, maybe those two just happened to be in St. Pete and wanted to have dinner.” But I’ve been to St. Pete a bunch of times and I’d have a hard time envisioning a reason why anyone would want to go there just for giggles. Maybe Arte Moreno’s mileage would vary on that, however.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 42
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)