Oct 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Jerry Dipoto of the Diamondbacks and Tony LaCava of the Blue Jays are the two general manager candidates who’ve already interviewed with the Orioles and a third candidate, Dan Jennings, likely won’t be allowed to interview because the Marlins blocked the request.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun believes Dipoto is the current favorite to land the job, although for now that seems more based in speculation and connecting the dots than any inside information.
Dipoto is currently Arizona’s senior vice president of scouting and player development and previously served as the Diamondbacks’ interim GM last year, pulling the trigger on trades that sent Dan Haren to the Angels and Edwin Jackson to the White Sox. Before that the 43-year-old spent eight seasons in the majors as a reliever for the Indians, Mets, and Rockies.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)