Oct 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Jerry Dipoto of the Diamondbacks and Tony LaCava of the Blue Jays are the two general manager candidates who’ve already interviewed with the Orioles and a third candidate, Dan Jennings, likely won’t be allowed to interview because the Marlins blocked the request.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun believes Dipoto is the current favorite to land the job, although for now that seems more based in speculation and connecting the dots than any inside information.
Dipoto is currently Arizona’s senior vice president of scouting and player development and previously served as the Diamondbacks’ interim GM last year, pulling the trigger on trades that sent Dan Haren to the Angels and Edwin Jackson to the White Sox. Before that the 43-year-old spent eight seasons in the majors as a reliever for the Indians, Mets, and Rockies.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)