Oct 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Jerry Dipoto of the Diamondbacks and Tony LaCava of the Blue Jays are the two general manager candidates who’ve already interviewed with the Orioles and a third candidate, Dan Jennings, likely won’t be allowed to interview because the Marlins blocked the request.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun believes Dipoto is the current favorite to land the job, although for now that seems more based in speculation and connecting the dots than any inside information.
Dipoto is currently Arizona’s senior vice president of scouting and player development and previously served as the Diamondbacks’ interim GM last year, pulling the trigger on trades that sent Dan Haren to the Angels and Edwin Jackson to the White Sox. Before that the 43-year-old spent eight seasons in the majors as a reliever for the Indians, Mets, and Rockies.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (151)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)