Oct 20, 2011, 6:27 PM EST
Igarashi proved to be a bust soon after signing a two-year, $3 million major league contract with the Mets in the winter of 2009. Over 69 total big league innings — all in relief — he posted a disappointing 5.74 ERA, 1.71 WHIP and 69/46 K/BB ratio.
Igarashi will be free to sign with any organization after the World Series. He could also opt to head back home if the offers aren’t to his liking.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (90)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (77)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)