Oct 20, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
Igarashi proved to be a bust soon after signing a two-year, $3 million major league contract with the Mets in the winter of 2009. Over 69 total big league innings — all in relief — he posted a disappointing 5.74 ERA, 1.71 WHIP and 69/46 K/BB ratio.
Igarashi will be free to sign with any organization after the World Series. He could also opt to head back home if the offers aren’t to his liking.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8