Oct 20, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official now. Harrison in Game 3 and Holland in Game 4.
That means fellow southpaw Derek Holland would be in line to start Game 4 and no further games in the series after being the Game 2 starter in both the ALDS and ALCS.
Holland pitched well in his first start of the postseason and also tossed a scoreless inning in relief three days after that, but lasted just 2.2 and 4.2 innings in his two ALCS starts while allowing seven runs.
Harrison lasted just five innings in both of his playoff starts, but struck out a career-high nine batters versus Tampa Bay and then held Detroit to two runs.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)