Oct 20, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official now. Harrison in Game 3 and Holland in Game 4.
That means fellow southpaw Derek Holland would be in line to start Game 4 and no further games in the series after being the Game 2 starter in both the ALDS and ALCS.
Holland pitched well in his first start of the postseason and also tossed a scoreless inning in relief three days after that, but lasted just 2.2 and 4.2 innings in his two ALCS starts while allowing seven runs.
Harrison lasted just five innings in both of his playoff starts, but struck out a career-high nine batters versus Tampa Bay and then held Detroit to two runs.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 6
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 27
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 19
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)