Oct 20, 2011, 5:02 PM EST
UPDATE: It’s official now. Harrison in Game 3 and Holland in Game 4.
That means fellow southpaw Derek Holland would be in line to start Game 4 and no further games in the series after being the Game 2 starter in both the ALDS and ALCS.
Holland pitched well in his first start of the postseason and also tossed a scoreless inning in relief three days after that, but lasted just 2.2 and 4.2 innings in his two ALCS starts while allowing seven runs.
Harrison lasted just five innings in both of his playoff starts, but struck out a career-high nine batters versus Tampa Bay and then held Detroit to two runs.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 34
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)