Oct 20, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
Sorry, I’m going to let the real world intrude on our baseball world here for a minute. From a report of Muammar Qaddafi’s capture/death today:
A fighter in Sirte has told the BBC his account of the reported capture. Mohammed, a young fighter in his 20s, wearing a blue T-shirt and a New York Yankees baseball cap, said he had found the colonel hiding in a hole in the ground in the city of Sirte.
The young fighter in the Red Sox cap would have gotten him first but he was too busy eating batatan mubatana and drinking tea with a nice reghwet on it back in the fighter guys’ clubhouse.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 74
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (142)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)