Oct 20, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Sorry, I’m going to let the real world intrude on our baseball world here for a minute. From a report of Muammar Qaddafi’s capture/death today:
A fighter in Sirte has told the BBC his account of the reported capture. Mohammed, a young fighter in his 20s, wearing a blue T-shirt and a New York Yankees baseball cap, said he had found the colonel hiding in a hole in the ground in the city of Sirte.
The young fighter in the Red Sox cap would have gotten him first but he was too busy eating batatan mubatana and drinking tea with a nice reghwet on it back in the fighter guys’ clubhouse.
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 11
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29