Oct 20, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Sorry, I’m going to let the real world intrude on our baseball world here for a minute. From a report of Muammar Qaddafi’s capture/death today:
A fighter in Sirte has told the BBC his account of the reported capture. Mohammed, a young fighter in his 20s, wearing a blue T-shirt and a New York Yankees baseball cap, said he had found the colonel hiding in a hole in the ground in the city of Sirte.
The young fighter in the Red Sox cap would have gotten him first but he was too busy eating batatan mubatana and drinking tea with a nice reghwet on it back in the fighter guys’ clubhouse.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59