Oct 20, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the Rangers-Cardinals series tonight:
TEXAS RANGERS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Jon Jay, CF 3. Josh Hamilton, LF 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 4. Michael Young, 1B 4. Lance Berkman, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Matt Holliday, LF 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 6. David Freese, 3B 7. Mike Napoli, C 7. Yadier Molina, C 8. Craig Gentry, CF 8. Nick Punto, 2B SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP Jaime Garcia, LHP
With a left-hander on the mound Rangers manager Ron Washington made just one lineup change compared to Game 1, replacing the left-handed-hitting David Murphy with the right-handed-hitting Craig Gentry. He also has Gentry in center field with Josh Hamilton shifting to left field, which makes sense given that the reigning MVP is playing at considerably less than full strength due to a groin injury.
Tony La Russa is sticking with the same eight starters as Game 1, but he flip-flopped Matt Holliday and Lance Berkman in the batting order. Berkman is a switch-hitter who’s typically been much worse versus left-handers, so it makes sense to have him back in the cleanup spot versus right-hander Colby Lewis.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)