Oct 20, 2011, 4:46 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the Rangers-Cardinals series tonight:
TEXAS RANGERS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Jon Jay, CF 3. Josh Hamilton, LF 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 4. Michael Young, 1B 4. Lance Berkman, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Matt Holliday, LF 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 6. David Freese, 3B 7. Mike Napoli, C 7. Yadier Molina, C 8. Craig Gentry, CF 8. Nick Punto, 2B SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP Jaime Garcia, LHP
With a left-hander on the mound Rangers manager Ron Washington made just one lineup change compared to Game 1, replacing the left-handed-hitting David Murphy with the right-handed-hitting Craig Gentry. He also has Gentry in center field with Josh Hamilton shifting to left field, which makes sense given that the reigning MVP is playing at considerably less than full strength due to a groin injury.
Tony La Russa is sticking with the same eight starters as Game 1, but he flip-flopped Matt Holliday and Lance Berkman in the batting order. Berkman is a switch-hitter who’s typically been much worse versus left-handers, so it makes sense to have him back in the cleanup spot versus right-hander Colby Lewis.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)