Oct 20, 2011, 8:05 PM EST
Game 2 of the World Series between the Rangers and Cardinals is set to get underway just after 8:00 p.m. ET Thursday at Busch Stadium in St. Louis.
Hang with us from the first pitch to the last as we dissect the players, the broadcast, and all of the evening’s controversial managerial moves. OK, “dissect” probably won’t be accurate. In fact, it’s kind of weird. But we promise a good laugh or two.
Eh, we’d better not go promising laughs either.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 50
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 136
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (136)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)