Oct 20, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
Game 2 of the World Series between the Rangers and Cardinals is set to get underway just after 8:00 p.m. ET Thursday at Busch Stadium in St. Louis.
Hang with us from the first pitch to the last as we dissect the players, the broadcast, and all of the evening’s controversial managerial moves. OK, “dissect” probably won’t be accurate. In fact, it’s kind of weird. But we promise a good laugh or two.
Eh, we’d better not go promising laughs either.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 9
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 118
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)