Oct 21, 2011, 6:14 PM EDT
The Cardinals are making some changes to their lineup as the World Series shifts to the American League for Game 3 against the Rangers tomorrow night.
Craig, who had RBI pinch-hits on Wednesday and Thursday, should be a regular for Games 3, 4 and 5 in Texas. While he will spell Berkman in Game 3, there’s a chance he could give Matt Holliday a break in left field on Sunday or Monday.
Craig, or “Wrench” as he is affectionately known by Cardinals’ fans, is 6-for-20 (.300) with one triple, one home run, five RBI and a 5/4 K/BB ratio during the postseason. The 27-year-old batted .315/.362/.555 with 11 homers and 50 RBI over 219 plate appearances during the regular season, including a 1.000 OPS in 70 plate appearances against left-handers.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 0
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 2
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 20
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- HBT: Angels' Trout hits for cycle against Mariners