Oct 21, 2011, 6:14 PM EST
The Cardinals are making some changes to their lineup as the World Series shifts to the American League for Game 3 against the Rangers tomorrow night.
Craig, who had RBI pinch-hits on Wednesday and Thursday, should be a regular for Games 3, 4 and 5 in Texas. While he will spell Berkman in Game 3, there’s a chance he could give Matt Holliday a break in left field on Sunday or Monday.
Craig, or “Wrench” as he is affectionately known by Cardinals’ fans, is 6-for-20 (.300) with one triple, one home run, five RBI and a 5/4 K/BB ratio during the postseason. The 27-year-old batted .315/.362/.555 with 11 homers and 50 RBI over 219 plate appearances during the regular season, including a 1.000 OPS in 70 plate appearances against left-handers.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 286
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (287)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)