Oct 21, 2011, 6:14 PM EDT
The Cardinals are making some changes to their lineup as the World Series shifts to the American League for Game 3 against the Rangers tomorrow night.
Craig, who had RBI pinch-hits on Wednesday and Thursday, should be a regular for Games 3, 4 and 5 in Texas. While he will spell Berkman in Game 3, there’s a chance he could give Matt Holliday a break in left field on Sunday or Monday.
Craig, or “Wrench” as he is affectionately known by Cardinals’ fans, is 6-for-20 (.300) with one triple, one home run, five RBI and a 5/4 K/BB ratio during the postseason. The 27-year-old batted .315/.362/.555 with 11 homers and 50 RBI over 219 plate appearances during the regular season, including a 1.000 OPS in 70 plate appearances against left-handers.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)