Oct 22, 2011, 6:51 PM EST
Hamilton has registered an underwhelming .250/.264/.354 batting line this postseason, though he does have eight RBI in 12 games. No tests have been run to confirm the Rangers’ suspicion, and that probably won’t change until after the World Series.
Hamilton has committed to playing through the discomfort. And if he needs surgery in the offseason, so be it. The 30-year-old slugger is batting third and playing center field Saturday night in Game 3.
Here’s Rangers general manager Jon Daniels, speaking about Hamilton’s injury on Saturday afternoon:
“We’ve go three to five games left. After that, even if (he does have a hernia), it doesn’t change how we will handle it at this point. He says he’s OK to play, doctors say they’re OK if he’s playing, he’s out there in the lineup.”
The seven-game Fall Classic is tied 1-1, but the next three contests will take place in Arlington, Texas.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 66
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)