Oct 22, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Here’s something that’s actually a couple of days old, but is just so interesting that it needs to be mentioned here.
Ever wonder how a baseball trade goes down? Rob Gloster of Bloomberg Businessweek has you covered. He wrote a fantastic behind-the-scenes piece detailing how the Braves and Astros agreed to the Michael Bourn trade in July. Really great work.
We give Ed Wade a hard time around here, usually deservedly so, but he went up a notch or two in my book after reading this piece. Still, would have been nice to get Minor or Delgado.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)