Oct 22, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Here’s something that’s actually a couple of days old, but is just so interesting that it needs to be mentioned here.
Ever wonder how a baseball trade goes down? Rob Gloster of Bloomberg Businessweek has you covered. He wrote a fantastic behind-the-scenes piece detailing how the Braves and Astros agreed to the Michael Bourn trade in July. Really great work.
We give Ed Wade a hard time around here, usually deservedly so, but he went up a notch or two in my book after reading this piece. Still, would have been nice to get Minor or Delgado.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)