Oct 22, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Here’s something that’s actually a couple of days old, but is just so interesting that it needs to be mentioned here.
Ever wonder how a baseball trade goes down? Rob Gloster of Bloomberg Businessweek has you covered. He wrote a fantastic behind-the-scenes piece detailing how the Braves and Astros agreed to the Michael Bourn trade in July. Really great work.
We give Ed Wade a hard time around here, usually deservedly so, but he went up a notch or two in my book after reading this piece. Still, would have been nice to get Minor or Delgado.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)