Oct 22, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Here’s something that’s actually a couple of days old, but is just so interesting that it needs to be mentioned here.
Ever wonder how a baseball trade goes down? Rob Gloster of Bloomberg Businessweek has you covered. He wrote a fantastic behind-the-scenes piece detailing how the Braves and Astros agreed to the Michael Bourn trade in July. Really great work.
We give Ed Wade a hard time around here, usually deservedly so, but he went up a notch or two in my book after reading this piece. Still, would have been nice to get Minor or Delgado.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)