Oct 22, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Here’s something that’s actually a couple of days old, but is just so interesting that it needs to be mentioned here.
Ever wonder how a baseball trade goes down? Rob Gloster of Bloomberg Businessweek has you covered. He wrote a fantastic behind-the-scenes piece detailing how the Braves and Astros agreed to the Michael Bourn trade in July. Really great work.
We give Ed Wade a hard time around here, usually deservedly so, but he went up a notch or two in my book after reading this piece. Still, would have been nice to get Minor or Delgado.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 33
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 6
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 25
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 88
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)