Oct 22, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Cardinals-Rangers series tonight:
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Matt Holliday, LF 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Lance Berkman, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. David Freese, 3B 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Yadier Molina, C 7. Mike Napoli, 1B 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Ryan Theriot, 2B 9. Yorvit Torrealba, C SP Kyle Lohse, RHP SP Matt Harrison, LHP
Tony La Russa has made a couple changes of note to his lineup as the series shifts to Texas for Game 3. In addition to installing Lance Berkman as the designated hitter under American League rules, Allen Craig will make the start in right field and bat second against the left-hander Matt Harrison. Jon Jay, who batted second in the first two games of the series, slides down to the eighth spot in the order. Finally, Ryan Theriot will make his first start of the series at second base and bat ninth.
As expected, Yorvit Torrealba is behind the plate for Game 3 while Mike Napoli plays first base and Michael Young serves as designated hitter. Torrealba, who struck out in a pinch-hit appearance in Game 2, hasn’t started a game since Game 4 of the ALCS against the Tigers on October 12. The 33-year-old backstop is hitting .308 (4-for-13) this postseason. David Murphy is back in the lineup for Game 3 after Craig Gentry started in center field against the left-hander Jaime Garcia in Game 2. Josh Hamilton, who started in left field on Thursday night, is back in center field tonight.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 41
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 77
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)