Oct 22, 2011, 4:15 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Cardinals-Rangers series tonight:
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Matt Holliday, LF 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Lance Berkman, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. David Freese, 3B 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Yadier Molina, C 7. Mike Napoli, 1B 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Ryan Theriot, 2B 9. Yorvit Torrealba, C SP Kyle Lohse, RHP SP Matt Harrison, LHP
Tony La Russa has made a couple changes of note to his lineup as the series shifts to Texas for Game 3. In addition to installing Lance Berkman as the designated hitter under American League rules, Allen Craig will make the start in right field and bat second against the left-hander Matt Harrison. Jon Jay, who batted second in the first two games of the series, slides down to the eighth spot in the order. Finally, Ryan Theriot will make his first start of the series at second base and bat ninth.
As expected, Yorvit Torrealba is behind the plate for Game 3 while Mike Napoli plays first base and Michael Young serves as designated hitter. Torrealba, who struck out in a pinch-hit appearance in Game 2, hasn’t started a game since Game 4 of the ALCS against the Tigers on October 12. The 33-year-old backstop is hitting .308 (4-for-13) this postseason. David Murphy is back in the lineup for Game 3 after Craig Gentry started in center field against the left-hander Jaime Garcia in Game 2. Josh Hamilton, who started in left field on Thursday night, is back in center field tonight.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)