Oct 23, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the World Series between the Cardinals and Rangers, set to get underway at 8:05 p.m. ET in Arlington, Texas:
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Matt Holliday, LF 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Lance Berkman, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. David Freese, 3B 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Yadier Molina, C 7. David Murphy, LF 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. Mike Napoli, C 9. Nick Punto, 2B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP Edwin Jackson, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
The Cardinals have made just one change from the lineup that scored them a 16-7 victory in Game 3, replacing Ryan Theriot with the more defensively adept Punto. Berkman will again DH with Craig in right.
The Rangers have made a couple of changes from their Game 3 lineup. Napoli is back at catcher, but, for some odd reason, has been moved down to the eighth spot in the order. He has a .311/.365/.444 slash line and nine RBI in these playoffs, and registered a 1.046 OPS during the regular season. Meanwhile an injured Hamilton, sporting a .598 OPS this postseason, remains in the three-hole. Moreland will handle first base.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12