Oct 23, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the World Series between the Cardinals and Rangers, set to get underway at 8:05 p.m. ET in Arlington, Texas:
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Allen Craig, RF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Matt Holliday, LF 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Lance Berkman, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. David Freese, 3B 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Yadier Molina, C 7. David Murphy, LF 8. Jon Jay, CF 8. Mike Napoli, C 9. Nick Punto, 2B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP Edwin Jackson, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
The Cardinals have made just one change from the lineup that scored them a 16-7 victory in Game 3, replacing Ryan Theriot with the more defensively adept Punto. Berkman will again DH with Craig in right.
The Rangers have made a couple of changes from their Game 3 lineup. Napoli is back at catcher, but, for some odd reason, has been moved down to the eighth spot in the order. He has a .311/.365/.444 slash line and nine RBI in these playoffs, and registered a 1.046 OPS during the regular season. Meanwhile an injured Hamilton, sporting a .598 OPS this postseason, remains in the three-hole. Moreland will handle first base.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)