Oct 24, 2011, 6:39 PM EDT
According to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com, the hard-throwing left-hander tossed a scoreless inning of relief in his first appearance this afternoon. He threw eight out of 16 pitches for strikes while fanning one and walking one. Keith Law of ESPN.com notes that he touched 101 mph on his fastball.
Chapman is scheduled to pitch again Thursday and next Monday before leaving for winter ball. Barring a change of plans, he is expected to get a look as a starting pitcher during spring training.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination