Oct 24, 2011, 6:39 PM EST
According to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com, the hard-throwing left-hander tossed a scoreless inning of relief in his first appearance this afternoon. He threw eight out of 16 pitches for strikes while fanning one and walking one. Keith Law of ESPN.com notes that he touched 101 mph on his fastball.
Chapman is scheduled to pitch again Thursday and next Monday before leaving for winter ball. Barring a change of plans, he is expected to get a look as a starting pitcher during spring training.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)