Oct 24, 2011, 12:07 PM EDT
Joe Torre was asked about replay yesterday. As usual, he worried about how it might affect the pace of the game:
“To me, it’s more the flow as opposed to how long it takes,” Torre said. “The game has a certain rhythm to it that you don’t really want to disrupt on a regular basis.”
I was gonna write 500 words talking about the problems I have with that mindset, but Dirk Hayhurst summed it up much more succinctly a few minutes ago:
Being against instant reply because it’s slow is like being against truth because it’s boring.
Man. It’s almost like that pitcher should be a writer or something.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 17
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29