Oct 24, 2011, 12:07 PM EST
Joe Torre was asked about replay yesterday. As usual, he worried about how it might affect the pace of the game:
“To me, it’s more the flow as opposed to how long it takes,” Torre said. “The game has a certain rhythm to it that you don’t really want to disrupt on a regular basis.”
I was gonna write 500 words talking about the problems I have with that mindset, but Dirk Hayhurst summed it up much more succinctly a few minutes ago:
Being against instant reply because it’s slow is like being against truth because it’s boring.
Man. It’s almost like that pitcher should be a writer or something.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)