Oct 24, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
There’s some doubt about whether Tony La Russa will stick with Kyle Lohse as the Cardinals’ starter if the World Series goes to Game 7, but Ron Washington left no doubt about who’ll get the nod for the Rangers:
It’s Harry’s game. I’m going to stay consistent. That’s Harry’s game. Matt Harrison earned it. You think Derek Holland earned his start last night if you want to talk about struggles? That’s the way we roll.
Matt Harrison struggled in Game 3, failing to make it out of the fourth inning while the Cardinals got to him for five runs, but allowed two runs over five innings in each of his two previous playoff starts. And if things get to a Game 7 the entire bullpen will be available, including perhaps Derek Holland for an inning or two.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)