Oct 24, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
There’s some doubt about whether Tony La Russa will stick with Kyle Lohse as the Cardinals’ starter if the World Series goes to Game 7, but Ron Washington left no doubt about who’ll get the nod for the Rangers:
It’s Harry’s game. I’m going to stay consistent. That’s Harry’s game. Matt Harrison earned it. You think Derek Holland earned his start last night if you want to talk about struggles? That’s the way we roll.
Matt Harrison struggled in Game 3, failing to make it out of the fourth inning while the Cardinals got to him for five runs, but allowed two runs over five innings in each of his two previous playoff starts. And if things get to a Game 7 the entire bullpen will be available, including perhaps Derek Holland for an inning or two.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 0
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 35
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'