Oct 24, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
There’s some doubt about whether Tony La Russa will stick with Kyle Lohse as the Cardinals’ starter if the World Series goes to Game 7, but Ron Washington left no doubt about who’ll get the nod for the Rangers:
It’s Harry’s game. I’m going to stay consistent. That’s Harry’s game. Matt Harrison earned it. You think Derek Holland earned his start last night if you want to talk about struggles? That’s the way we roll.
Matt Harrison struggled in Game 3, failing to make it out of the fourth inning while the Cardinals got to him for five runs, but allowed two runs over five innings in each of his two previous playoff starts. And if things get to a Game 7 the entire bullpen will be available, including perhaps Derek Holland for an inning or two.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 71
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)