The most inevitable thing in the history of things

Oct 24, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT

I wasn’t online tweeting last night, so you’re just going to have to take my word for it that I called this headline by the fifth inning. This one is from the Daily News, but I’ll bet it was used in a good dozen papers this morning:

source:

(photo taken by Ted Berg; a man who strikes me as one who appreciates an obvious headline like I do, even if we’d never use one ourselves)

1. cur68 - Oct 24, 2011 at 9:47 AM

“Derrek Decks Cards and Texas Ties Series” is pretty sweet, too. There be a an eye for a headline there at the Daily.

2. sdelmonte - Oct 24, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Wake me when Berke Breathed writes that long-overdue guide to the Netherlands, “Mr. Opus’s Holland.”

3. Jonny 5 - Oct 24, 2011 at 10:04 AM

I don’t like it. Baseball has nothing to do with music. It’s a lazy headline basically biting from a movie title. American Sign language is my second language btw, And I’ve worked a lot in the past with the deaf, so the movie struck a chord with me..

• kopy - Oct 24, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Perhaps they can rip off condiments and “Happy Days” by writing “Hollandaise are here again?”

• Jonny 5 - Oct 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I like that one actually. Or “Holland-aise sauces the Cards”….. Damn, without much thought we can even be “original”.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Oct 24, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Don’t get saucy with me Bearnaise!

4. hasbeen5 - Oct 24, 2011 at 10:17 AM

“Derek makes Cards fall like Dominoes”

• cur68 - Oct 24, 2011 at 10:24 AM

“Derek Stacks Tony’s Cards”

5. missthedayswhenwedidnthavetologin - Oct 24, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Oh. I was fully expecting to see some type of column saying “YANKEES SHOULD TRADE FOR DEREK HOLLAND” even though maybe 15% of their fanbase even knows who he is.

• phukyouk - Oct 24, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Who the fu*k is Al Albaquerqe.. wait sorry.. wrong thread

6. Kyle - Oct 24, 2011 at 11:39 AM

We need more fart puns.

7. drunkenhooliganism - Oct 24, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I put myself on a media boycott for a week after the Phils lost, but was there a “Cards Trump Four Aces” headline?

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3236)