Oct 24, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
I’ve gotten a lot of crap over the past week or so for daring to suggest that Michael Young may be less than Hall-of-Fame-worthy and may be less of the leader that his fan club down in the Metroplex make him out to be. Saying you want to work someplace else every time someone asks you to change your workflow kind of keeps you out the leadership conversation.
So it was great to see Joe Posnanski hit ’em up in his blog post this morning. The post itself is about Tim McCarver and Joe Buck — good to see Posnanski hitting them up too — but Young gets a four-paragraph Postersisk up front in the article wondering why on Earth, despite all of his flaws as a player and less-than-leaderly traits, he’s described as the be-all, end-all in those categories by a pliant press.
I’m sure Posnanski will not get a stern talking-to by Evan Grant and others. Something tells me it will bother him even less than it bothered me.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 22
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)