Oct 24, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
I’ve gotten a lot of crap over the past week or so for daring to suggest that Michael Young may be less than Hall-of-Fame-worthy and may be less of the leader that his fan club down in the Metroplex make him out to be. Saying you want to work someplace else every time someone asks you to change your workflow kind of keeps you out the leadership conversation.
So it was great to see Joe Posnanski hit ’em up in his blog post this morning. The post itself is about Tim McCarver and Joe Buck — good to see Posnanski hitting them up too — but Young gets a four-paragraph Postersisk up front in the article wondering why on Earth, despite all of his flaws as a player and less-than-leaderly traits, he’s described as the be-all, end-all in those categories by a pliant press.
I’m sure Posnanski will not get a stern talking-to by Evan Grant and others. Something tells me it will bother him even less than it bothered me.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)