Oct 24, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
We’re experiencing the best World Series in a good nine years, so let’s make sure we all experience it together. Tonight we’ll be doing the live chat thing, starting around game time.
Your master of ceremonies will be D.J. Short, who, truth be told, is better at this live chat business than the rest of us. I’d chalk it up to his youth, but I recently discovered that D.J. is 67-years-old. Was a First Lieutenant in ‘Nam and everything. Owned a muffler shop for 26-years but retired when his son-in-law’s company went public. And you think you know people.
Anyway, suggested topics for this evening: the Cardinals; the Rangers; whether there’s a chance in Hell that “The Rum Diary” is going to be as good as I want it to be and as good as the previews make it seem; and the number of times that Chris Carpenter‘s friendship with Roy Halladay will be mentioned. We’d make it a drinking game, but that last one would cause 75% of our readership to suffer alcohol poisoning.
Be there or be quadrangular.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)