Oct 24, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
We’re experiencing the best World Series in a good nine years, so let’s make sure we all experience it together. Tonight we’ll be doing the live chat thing, starting around game time.
Your master of ceremonies will be D.J. Short, who, truth be told, is better at this live chat business than the rest of us. I’d chalk it up to his youth, but I recently discovered that D.J. is 67-years-old. Was a First Lieutenant in ‘Nam and everything. Owned a muffler shop for 26-years but retired when his son-in-law’s company went public. And you think you know people.
Anyway, suggested topics for this evening: the Cardinals; the Rangers; whether there’s a chance in Hell that “The Rum Diary” is going to be as good as I want it to be and as good as the previews make it seem; and the number of times that Chris Carpenter‘s friendship with Roy Halladay will be mentioned. We’d make it a drinking game, but that last one would cause 75% of our readership to suffer alcohol poisoning.
Be there or be quadrangular.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39