Oct 24, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
We’re experiencing the best World Series in a good nine years, so let’s make sure we all experience it together. Tonight we’ll be doing the live chat thing, starting around game time.
Your master of ceremonies will be D.J. Short, who, truth be told, is better at this live chat business than the rest of us. I’d chalk it up to his youth, but I recently discovered that D.J. is 67-years-old. Was a First Lieutenant in ‘Nam and everything. Owned a muffler shop for 26-years but retired when his son-in-law’s company went public. And you think you know people.
Anyway, suggested topics for this evening: the Cardinals; the Rangers; whether there’s a chance in Hell that “The Rum Diary” is going to be as good as I want it to be and as good as the previews make it seem; and the number of times that Chris Carpenter‘s friendship with Roy Halladay will be mentioned. We’d make it a drinking game, but that last one would cause 75% of our readership to suffer alcohol poisoning.
Be there or be quadrangular.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)