Oct 24, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
We’re experiencing the best World Series in a good nine years, so let’s make sure we all experience it together. Tonight we’ll be doing the live chat thing, starting around game time.
Your master of ceremonies will be D.J. Short, who, truth be told, is better at this live chat business than the rest of us. I’d chalk it up to his youth, but I recently discovered that D.J. is 67-years-old. Was a First Lieutenant in ‘Nam and everything. Owned a muffler shop for 26-years but retired when his son-in-law’s company went public. And you think you know people.
Anyway, suggested topics for this evening: the Cardinals; the Rangers; whether there’s a chance in Hell that “The Rum Diary” is going to be as good as I want it to be and as good as the previews make it seem; and the number of times that Chris Carpenter‘s friendship with Roy Halladay will be mentioned. We’d make it a drinking game, but that last one would cause 75% of our readership to suffer alcohol poisoning.
Be there or be quadrangular.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)