Oct 24, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
We’re experiencing the best World Series in a good nine years, so let’s make sure we all experience it together. Tonight we’ll be doing the live chat thing, starting around game time.
Your master of ceremonies will be D.J. Short, who, truth be told, is better at this live chat business than the rest of us. I’d chalk it up to his youth, but I recently discovered that D.J. is 67-years-old. Was a First Lieutenant in ‘Nam and everything. Owned a muffler shop for 26-years but retired when his son-in-law’s company went public. And you think you know people.
Anyway, suggested topics for this evening: the Cardinals; the Rangers; whether there’s a chance in Hell that “The Rum Diary” is going to be as good as I want it to be and as good as the previews make it seem; and the number of times that Chris Carpenter‘s friendship with Roy Halladay will be mentioned. We’d make it a drinking game, but that last one would cause 75% of our readership to suffer alcohol poisoning.
Be there or be quadrangular.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)