Oct 25, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
There’s been some speculation that the Red Sox may be interested in hiring former pitching coach and current Blue Jays manager John Farrell to replace Terry Francona.
Because of that the Blue Jays have changed their policy about granting teams permission to speak to their employees and team president Paul Beeston released this statement:
Due to the distraction caused by media speculation regarding our employee permission policy, the Toronto Blue Jays have amended their policy and will not grant permission for lateral moves.
In other words, Farrell wouldn’t be allowed to interview for the Red Sox’s manager gig as long as he’s under contract as the Blue Jays’ manager.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 26
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)