Oct 25, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
Barring setbacks along the way Narveson will be in Milwaukee’s rotation after throwing 162 innings with a 4.45 ERA and 126/65 K/BB ratio this season.
He shifted to the bullpen for the playoffs and coughed up nine runs in 7.1 innings, so like John Lackey in Boston he may be another example of a pitcher struggling while playing through a significant injury.
Narveson also missed some time after slicing his hand with scissors while trying to alter his glove, so it’s been quite a season for the 29-year-old on the injury front.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)