Oct 25, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
Barring setbacks along the way Narveson will be in Milwaukee’s rotation after throwing 162 innings with a 4.45 ERA and 126/65 K/BB ratio this season.
He shifted to the bullpen for the playoffs and coughed up nine runs in 7.1 innings, so like John Lackey in Boston he may be another example of a pitcher struggling while playing through a significant injury.
Narveson also missed some time after slicing his hand with scissors while trying to alter his glove, so it’s been quite a season for the 29-year-old on the injury front.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)