Oct 25, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
Barring setbacks along the way Narveson will be in Milwaukee’s rotation after throwing 162 innings with a 4.45 ERA and 126/65 K/BB ratio this season.
He shifted to the bullpen for the playoffs and coughed up nine runs in 7.1 innings, so like John Lackey in Boston he may be another example of a pitcher struggling while playing through a significant injury.
Narveson also missed some time after slicing his hand with scissors while trying to alter his glove, so it’s been quite a season for the 29-year-old on the injury front.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)