Oct 25, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
Barring setbacks along the way Narveson will be in Milwaukee’s rotation after throwing 162 innings with a 4.45 ERA and 126/65 K/BB ratio this season.
He shifted to the bullpen for the playoffs and coughed up nine runs in 7.1 innings, so like John Lackey in Boston he may be another example of a pitcher struggling while playing through a significant injury.
Narveson also missed some time after slicing his hand with scissors while trying to alter his glove, so it’s been quite a season for the 29-year-old on the injury front.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (79)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)