Oct 25, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
Barring setbacks along the way Narveson will be in Milwaukee’s rotation after throwing 162 innings with a 4.45 ERA and 126/65 K/BB ratio this season.
He shifted to the bullpen for the playoffs and coughed up nine runs in 7.1 innings, so like John Lackey in Boston he may be another example of a pitcher struggling while playing through a significant injury.
Narveson also missed some time after slicing his hand with scissors while trying to alter his glove, so it’s been quite a season for the 29-year-old on the injury front.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 27
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit