“Continuous rain” forecast could postpone Game 6 tomorrow

Oct 25, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT

charlie brown rain

Tomorrow night’s Game 6 matchup between Colby Lewis and Jaime Garcia is in jeopardy, with the National Weather Service forecasting a 90 percent chance of rain.

National Weather Service meteorologist Karl Sieczynski told the St. Louis Post Dispatch that the rain is expected to start around noon and will “be present for most of the day and evening.”

Asked to predict the status of Game 6, he guessed it would be rained out.

Rangers manager Ron Washington has already said that he’ll stick with Matt Harrison in Game 7 even if Game 6 is pushed back a day, but it wouldn’t be surprising if Cardinals manager Tony La Russa took advantage of the off day to avoid using Kyle Lohse in Game 7. Chris Carpenter on three days’ rest might even be a possibility. Assuming, of course, there is a Game 7.

1. yankeesfanlen - Oct 25, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I think National Meteorology Service’s Karl Siezynski is known as “Scrabble” around the office.

• Old Gator - Oct 25, 2011 at 2:01 PM

You can have him. I’m good with whatever my beloved Stephanie Abrams tells me is gonna happen.

2. nolanwiffle - Oct 25, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Good grief.

3. spudchukar - Oct 25, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Great Pic Aaron.

• cur68 - Oct 25, 2011 at 2:49 PM

You meant “Great Pic of Aaron”. Fixed it for ya Spuddy.

• spudchukar - Oct 25, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Okay, Touche my Canadian Ami, but I hope there is a little Charlie Brown in all of us.

• cur68 - Oct 25, 2011 at 11:26 PM

I myself am Linus…if Linus wasn’t white and didn’t have a sister…and no blanket: I draw the line at the blanket.

4. bowling255 - Oct 25, 2011 at 2:13 PM

So that means they won’t get any rain.

5. cardsfanindelaware - Oct 25, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Charlie Brown = Matt Holliday??

6. philiplewis1 - Oct 25, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I think the Rangers would not mind a day postponement at all. Give Colby Lewis an extra day of rest and have Derek Holland ready on full rest for a possible Game 7 would be their ideal scenario. Even if Harrison starts a Game 7, Holland would be in quickly if trouble occurred.

Or better yet, just play in Arlington and avoid the issue.

I’m sure LaRussa would love to give the media an extra day to harrass him.

All the trade deadline news to know