Oct 25, 2011, 1:21 PM EST
National Weather Service meteorologist Karl Sieczynski told the St. Louis Post Dispatch that the rain is expected to start around noon and will “be present for most of the day and evening.”
Asked to predict the status of Game 6, he guessed it would be rained out.
Rangers manager Ron Washington has already said that he’ll stick with Matt Harrison in Game 7 even if Game 6 is pushed back a day, but it wouldn’t be surprising if Cardinals manager Tony La Russa took advantage of the off day to avoid using Kyle Lohse in Game 7. Chris Carpenter on three days’ rest might even be a possibility. Assuming, of course, there is a Game 7.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 26
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 56
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)