Oct 25, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
National Weather Service meteorologist Karl Sieczynski told the St. Louis Post Dispatch that the rain is expected to start around noon and will “be present for most of the day and evening.”
Asked to predict the status of Game 6, he guessed it would be rained out.
Rangers manager Ron Washington has already said that he’ll stick with Matt Harrison in Game 7 even if Game 6 is pushed back a day, but it wouldn’t be surprising if Cardinals manager Tony La Russa took advantage of the off day to avoid using Kyle Lohse in Game 7. Chris Carpenter on three days’ rest might even be a possibility. Assuming, of course, there is a Game 7.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)