Oct 25, 2011, 12:50 PM EST
Dave Eiland, who spent three years as the Yankees’ pitching coach before being let go following the 2010 season, has been hired by the Royals to fill the same role in Kansas City.
Eiland spent this season as an advisor with the Rays and coached for years in the Yankees’ minor-league system before joining their big-league staff. He also pitched parts of 10 seasons in the majors as a starter for the Yankees, Rays, and Padres, throwing 373 innings with a 5.74 ERA.
Eiland replaces Bob McClure, who was fired last month after six seasons as the Royals’ pitching coach, during which time Kansas City’s staff ranked 14th, 7th, 10th, 12th, 14th, and 12th in ERA.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 60
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 32
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)