Oct 25, 2011, 1:04 PM EST
Theo Epstein was just introduced as the new President of the Chicago Cubs. There’s a press conference going on right now and Epstein is saying all manner of press conferency things.
I’m sure we’ll have more about that later, but we felt the need to break away to report on the bombshell that was dropped. Remember how that “life-long Cubs fan” named Noah Pinzur made news a couple of weeks ago when he said he saw Theo Epstein at a Starbucks near Wrigley Field? Well, someone asked Epstein about that at the press conference and Epstein confirmed that, yes, it was him.
The truth will always come out in the end.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)