Oct 25, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Theo Epstein was just introduced as the new President of the Chicago Cubs. There’s a press conference going on right now and Epstein is saying all manner of press conferency things.
I’m sure we’ll have more about that later, but we felt the need to break away to report on the bombshell that was dropped. Remember how that “life-long Cubs fan” named Noah Pinzur made news a couple of weeks ago when he said he saw Theo Epstein at a Starbucks near Wrigley Field? Well, someone asked Epstein about that at the press conference and Epstein confirmed that, yes, it was him.
The truth will always come out in the end.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 1
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 29
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)