Oct 25, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Theo Epstein was just introduced as the new President of the Chicago Cubs. There’s a press conference going on right now and Epstein is saying all manner of press conferency things.
I’m sure we’ll have more about that later, but we felt the need to break away to report on the bombshell that was dropped. Remember how that “life-long Cubs fan” named Noah Pinzur made news a couple of weeks ago when he said he saw Theo Epstein at a Starbucks near Wrigley Field? Well, someone asked Epstein about that at the press conference and Epstein confirmed that, yes, it was him.
The truth will always come out in the end.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 333
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (338)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)