Oct 25, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Theo Epstein was just introduced as the new President of the Chicago Cubs. There’s a press conference going on right now and Epstein is saying all manner of press conferency things.
I’m sure we’ll have more about that later, but we felt the need to break away to report on the bombshell that was dropped. Remember how that “life-long Cubs fan” named Noah Pinzur made news a couple of weeks ago when he said he saw Theo Epstein at a Starbucks near Wrigley Field? Well, someone asked Epstein about that at the press conference and Epstein confirmed that, yes, it was him.
The truth will always come out in the end.
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 24
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 28
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 46
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (185)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)