Oct 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
I don’t know what really happened with Tony La Russa and the Cardinals’ bullpen last night. I suspect that La Russa made some mistakes or was slow to get to the phone or something because the explanation of a miscommunication on the bullpen phone is just really hard to understand. I’m not saying La Russa lied, just that the explanation as currently given raises some other questions that seem important to me.
But for now, it’s all we have. And here it is straight from the horse’s mouth:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 5
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 26
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 206
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (207)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)