Oct 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
I don’t know what really happened with Tony La Russa and the Cardinals’ bullpen last night. I suspect that La Russa made some mistakes or was slow to get to the phone or something because the explanation of a miscommunication on the bullpen phone is just really hard to understand. I’m not saying La Russa lied, just that the explanation as currently given raises some other questions that seem important to me.
But for now, it’s all we have. And here it is straight from the horse’s mouth:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 4
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 48
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)