Oct 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
I don’t know what really happened with Tony La Russa and the Cardinals’ bullpen last night. I suspect that La Russa made some mistakes or was slow to get to the phone or something because the explanation of a miscommunication on the bullpen phone is just really hard to understand. I’m not saying La Russa lied, just that the explanation as currently given raises some other questions that seem important to me.
But for now, it’s all we have. And here it is straight from the horse’s mouth:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 41
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 87
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)