Oct 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
I don’t know what really happened with Tony La Russa and the Cardinals’ bullpen last night. I suspect that La Russa made some mistakes or was slow to get to the phone or something because the explanation of a miscommunication on the bullpen phone is just really hard to understand. I’m not saying La Russa lied, just that the explanation as currently given raises some other questions that seem important to me.
But for now, it’s all we have. And here it is straight from the horse’s mouth:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)