Oct 25, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
I’m happy to report that you can now order The Hardball Times Annual for 2012. Get it here.
For those unfamiliar, the THT Annual has scads of articles with history, commentary, analysis and, of course, retrospectives of the 2011 season by some of the best writers going.
For the past few years I’ve contributed some laughs and yuks to the Annual in the form of my “Year in Frivolity” feature — recapping the funny and absurd stuff that went on during the year — and this year is no different. In addition to my b.s., there’s this sort of thing:
- Rob Neyer has a piece breaking down the work of Theo Epstein;
- Chris Jaffe lists the all-time managers in terms of who had the quickest and who had the slowest hooks;
- THT honcho Dave Studeman breaking down the insane last day of the season;
- Frequent HBT commenter Jack Marshall writing about the “baseball year in ethics;”
- Brian Borawski writing about the “baseball year in business;”
- Max Marchi writing about the pitchers who, because they themselves were amazing, drew the most fans to the ballpark;
- John Dewan and Michael Humphreys have some great stuff on evaluating defense;
- Brian Cartwright has an article about what to do with ground ball pitchers when it comes to BABIP;
And as always, there’s much, much more. A broader overview of its contents can be read here.
The THT Annual is a must-read for baseball nuts. It’s a great gift too. And of course, buying it helps the folks over at The Hardball Times keep the lights on, and that’s fantastic, because those folks do God’s work.
Once again, order it here. You won’t be disappointed.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 0
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 118
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (118)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)