Oct 25, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
I’m happy to report that you can now order The Hardball Times Annual for 2012. Get it here.
For those unfamiliar, the THT Annual has scads of articles with history, commentary, analysis and, of course, retrospectives of the 2011 season by some of the best writers going.
For the past few years I’ve contributed some laughs and yuks to the Annual in the form of my “Year in Frivolity” feature — recapping the funny and absurd stuff that went on during the year — and this year is no different. In addition to my b.s., there’s this sort of thing:
- Rob Neyer has a piece breaking down the work of Theo Epstein;
- Chris Jaffe lists the all-time managers in terms of who had the quickest and who had the slowest hooks;
- THT honcho Dave Studeman breaking down the insane last day of the season;
- Frequent HBT commenter Jack Marshall writing about the “baseball year in ethics;”
- Brian Borawski writing about the “baseball year in business;”
- Max Marchi writing about the pitchers who, because they themselves were amazing, drew the most fans to the ballpark;
- John Dewan and Michael Humphreys have some great stuff on evaluating defense;
- Brian Cartwright has an article about what to do with ground ball pitchers when it comes to BABIP;
And as always, there’s much, much more. A broader overview of its contents can be read here.
The THT Annual is a must-read for baseball nuts. It’s a great gift too. And of course, buying it helps the folks over at The Hardball Times keep the lights on, and that’s fantastic, because those folks do God’s work.
Once again, order it here. You won’t be disappointed.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)