Oct 25, 2011, 5:25 PM EST
I’m happy to report that you can now order The Hardball Times Annual for 2012. Get it here.
For those unfamiliar, the THT Annual has scads of articles with history, commentary, analysis and, of course, retrospectives of the 2011 season by some of the best writers going.
For the past few years I’ve contributed some laughs and yuks to the Annual in the form of my “Year in Frivolity” feature — recapping the funny and absurd stuff that went on during the year — and this year is no different. In addition to my b.s., there’s this sort of thing:
- Rob Neyer has a piece breaking down the work of Theo Epstein;
- Chris Jaffe lists the all-time managers in terms of who had the quickest and who had the slowest hooks;
- THT honcho Dave Studeman breaking down the insane last day of the season;
- Frequent HBT commenter Jack Marshall writing about the “baseball year in ethics;”
- Brian Borawski writing about the “baseball year in business;”
- Max Marchi writing about the pitchers who, because they themselves were amazing, drew the most fans to the ballpark;
- John Dewan and Michael Humphreys have some great stuff on evaluating defense;
- Brian Cartwright has an article about what to do with ground ball pitchers when it comes to BABIP;
And as always, there’s much, much more. A broader overview of its contents can be read here.
The THT Annual is a must-read for baseball nuts. It’s a great gift too. And of course, buying it helps the folks over at The Hardball Times keep the lights on, and that’s fantastic, because those folks do God’s work.
Once again, order it here. You won’t be disappointed.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)