Oct 26, 2011, 4:50 PM EDT
Can’t help but think that Joe Torre and the powers that be made the easy — and the correct — call in postponing Game 6. Why risk having delays knock out Colby Lewis and Jaime Garcia? Why risk the annoyance? Why risk the broadcast going on until 1AM? Especially when Thursday and Friday look to be so swell.
Here’s some of what Torre had to say a few minutes ago regarding the game being postponed, starting with a description of how the meeting in which it was decided went:
“Basically a conversation. ‘Do you want to play in the rain? … ”You get to a Game 6 in the World Series, you want to guard, as long as you have forecast for clear weather tommorrow and the next day, that was more a decision-maker than anything else … If it doesn’t rain, you still made a decision on what you knew.”
I see about zero downside to this, apart from trying to figure out what I’ll do with myself tonight now. A good decision by Major League Baseball.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)