Oct 26, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
We report when Milton Bradley gets arrested and gets restraining orders filed against him and stuff, so it only seems fair to give the man time for his own side. Not saying I believe him or that he’s a good guy, but the fact is that stuff starts flying in domestic situations and, while you always have to err on offering protection to someone who claims abuse or violence has occurred, there is a process by which the accused can counter the claims. And claims can be false.
Anyway, Bradley is countering the claims by responding to his wife’s request for a restraining order, saying that she is lying, that she has a history of leveling false claims and that this is no different. You can read the summary of it all in this Seattle PI story.
And for the record, no, none of that makes this whole scene any less ugly.
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 0
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 7
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 33
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 40
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)