Oct 26, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
We report when Milton Bradley gets arrested and gets restraining orders filed against him and stuff, so it only seems fair to give the man time for his own side. Not saying I believe him or that he’s a good guy, but the fact is that stuff starts flying in domestic situations and, while you always have to err on offering protection to someone who claims abuse or violence has occurred, there is a process by which the accused can counter the claims. And claims can be false.
Anyway, Bradley is countering the claims by responding to his wife’s request for a restraining order, saying that she is lying, that she has a history of leveling false claims and that this is no different. You can read the summary of it all in this Seattle PI story.
And for the record, no, none of that makes this whole scene any less ugly.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)