Oct 26, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
We report when Milton Bradley gets arrested and gets restraining orders filed against him and stuff, so it only seems fair to give the man time for his own side. Not saying I believe him or that he’s a good guy, but the fact is that stuff starts flying in domestic situations and, while you always have to err on offering protection to someone who claims abuse or violence has occurred, there is a process by which the accused can counter the claims. And claims can be false.
Anyway, Bradley is countering the claims by responding to his wife’s request for a restraining order, saying that she is lying, that she has a history of leveling false claims and that this is no different. You can read the summary of it all in this Seattle PI story.
And for the record, no, none of that makes this whole scene any less ugly.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 6
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 115
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)