Oct 26, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
We report when Milton Bradley gets arrested and gets restraining orders filed against him and stuff, so it only seems fair to give the man time for his own side. Not saying I believe him or that he’s a good guy, but the fact is that stuff starts flying in domestic situations and, while you always have to err on offering protection to someone who claims abuse or violence has occurred, there is a process by which the accused can counter the claims. And claims can be false.
Anyway, Bradley is countering the claims by responding to his wife’s request for a restraining order, saying that she is lying, that she has a history of leveling false claims and that this is no different. You can read the summary of it all in this Seattle PI story.
And for the record, no, none of that makes this whole scene any less ugly.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)