Oct 26, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
UPDATE II: It’s postponed. Here’s our updated post.
UPDATE: Well, we’re an hour past the time the Cardinals and Major League Baseball were supposed to meet to determine if tonight’s game will be postponed and there’s still no word. Some people looking at the radar — amateurs, natch — think the rain will swing south of the ballpark and that the game may be saved, but there’s no sense of how much caution the league will exercise in the scheduling of its possible last game of the year.
Further updates as soon as we hear.
10:05 AM: As Aaron noted yesterday, the forecast for Game 6 is atrocious. There’s a great chance of sustained rain and all of that. At the same time, Thursday and Friday look pretty good. Seems like a perfect recipe for banging tonight’s game and doing Game 6 tomorrow.
That decision will be made at 1PM today, tweets Tim McKernan of the morning show at KFNS in St. Louis. It comes straight from the mouth of Cards’ GM John Mozeliak, who has a meeting with MLB officials at that time (presumably 1PM Central).
Having such a great series decided by long rain delays and weather-inspired pitching changes and weirdness like that would be a shame. Given the good forecast for the next two days, it makes total sense to kick things a day. I hope that’s what they do.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)