Oct 26, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
UPDATE II: It’s postponed. Here’s our updated post.
UPDATE: Well, we’re an hour past the time the Cardinals and Major League Baseball were supposed to meet to determine if tonight’s game will be postponed and there’s still no word. Some people looking at the radar — amateurs, natch — think the rain will swing south of the ballpark and that the game may be saved, but there’s no sense of how much caution the league will exercise in the scheduling of its possible last game of the year.
Further updates as soon as we hear.
10:05 AM: As Aaron noted yesterday, the forecast for Game 6 is atrocious. There’s a great chance of sustained rain and all of that. At the same time, Thursday and Friday look pretty good. Seems like a perfect recipe for banging tonight’s game and doing Game 6 tomorrow.
That decision will be made at 1PM today, tweets Tim McKernan of the morning show at KFNS in St. Louis. It comes straight from the mouth of Cards’ GM John Mozeliak, who has a meeting with MLB officials at that time (presumably 1PM Central).
Having such a great series decided by long rain delays and weather-inspired pitching changes and weirdness like that would be a shame. Given the good forecast for the next two days, it makes total sense to kick things a day. I hope that’s what they do.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)