Oct 26, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
UPDATE II: It’s postponed. Here’s our updated post.
UPDATE: Well, we’re an hour past the time the Cardinals and Major League Baseball were supposed to meet to determine if tonight’s game will be postponed and there’s still no word. Some people looking at the radar — amateurs, natch — think the rain will swing south of the ballpark and that the game may be saved, but there’s no sense of how much caution the league will exercise in the scheduling of its possible last game of the year.
Further updates as soon as we hear.
10:05 AM: As Aaron noted yesterday, the forecast for Game 6 is atrocious. There’s a great chance of sustained rain and all of that. At the same time, Thursday and Friday look pretty good. Seems like a perfect recipe for banging tonight’s game and doing Game 6 tomorrow.
That decision will be made at 1PM today, tweets Tim McKernan of the morning show at KFNS in St. Louis. It comes straight from the mouth of Cards’ GM John Mozeliak, who has a meeting with MLB officials at that time (presumably 1PM Central).
Having such a great series decided by long rain delays and weather-inspired pitching changes and weirdness like that would be a shame. Given the good forecast for the next two days, it makes total sense to kick things a day. I hope that’s what they do.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)