Oct 26, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
UPDATE II: It’s postponed. Here’s our updated post.
UPDATE: Well, we’re an hour past the time the Cardinals and Major League Baseball were supposed to meet to determine if tonight’s game will be postponed and there’s still no word. Some people looking at the radar — amateurs, natch — think the rain will swing south of the ballpark and that the game may be saved, but there’s no sense of how much caution the league will exercise in the scheduling of its possible last game of the year.
Further updates as soon as we hear.
10:05 AM: As Aaron noted yesterday, the forecast for Game 6 is atrocious. There’s a great chance of sustained rain and all of that. At the same time, Thursday and Friday look pretty good. Seems like a perfect recipe for banging tonight’s game and doing Game 6 tomorrow.
That decision will be made at 1PM today, tweets Tim McKernan of the morning show at KFNS in St. Louis. It comes straight from the mouth of Cards’ GM John Mozeliak, who has a meeting with MLB officials at that time (presumably 1PM Central).
Having such a great series decided by long rain delays and weather-inspired pitching changes and weirdness like that would be a shame. Given the good forecast for the next two days, it makes total sense to kick things a day. I hope that’s what they do.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 15
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 19
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 18
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)