Oct 26, 2011, 1:29 PM EST
At this point it’s no secret that the Nationals have decided to retain Davey Johnson as their full-time manager, but general manager Mike Rizzo continues to avoid confirming various reports and said today that the team will wait until after the World Series to make an announcement.
Rizzo did, however, tell reporters that Johnson has been in touch with the Nationals’ various coaches, presumably lining up his staff for 2012 and beyond.
Or as Ben Goessling of MASNSports.com puts it: “Read between the lines.”
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)