Oct 26, 2011, 1:29 PM EDT
At this point it’s no secret that the Nationals have decided to retain Davey Johnson as their full-time manager, but general manager Mike Rizzo continues to avoid confirming various reports and said today that the team will wait until after the World Series to make an announcement.
Rizzo did, however, tell reporters that Johnson has been in touch with the Nationals’ various coaches, presumably lining up his staff for 2012 and beyond.
Or as Ben Goessling of MASNSports.com puts it: “Read between the lines.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)