Oct 26, 2011, 8:15 AM EST
This is pretty fantastic. Oh, not the story, which makes absolutely no suggestion that the Red Sox would ever spring for CC Sabathia should he opt out of his deal with the Yankees. It’s just a “hey, what if …” kind of piece that you often see this time of year, especially from papers like the Daily News.
But it’s totally justified for the photo alone, which you just know is going to get under the skin of some folks and cause others — like me, and talk radio guys and other people who love to chatter and taunt and stuff — to go a bit crazy:
Well played, Daily News. Well played.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)