Oct 26, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
This is pretty fantastic. Oh, not the story, which makes absolutely no suggestion that the Red Sox would ever spring for CC Sabathia should he opt out of his deal with the Yankees. It’s just a “hey, what if …” kind of piece that you often see this time of year, especially from papers like the Daily News.
But it’s totally justified for the photo alone, which you just know is going to get under the skin of some folks and cause others — like me, and talk radio guys and other people who love to chatter and taunt and stuff — to go a bit crazy:
Well played, Daily News. Well played.
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 39
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 84
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)